Greetings

Pilotbiker

Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd pop in and register. I live in Socal and am about to embark on a life change. Namely, selling it all -- the house, the stuff, all of it except the motorcycle -- and live full time in an RV. I've read lots of sites on this topic, and know some of the pitfalls. However, mind's made up. I'm 55 and I'm done with the treadmill. No debts, just the house.

So, the plan is to buy a rig with the house proceeds and get to it, work camping, boondocking, all of it. As such, I'll need toy hauler I can live in. And it's just me. No wife, no kids, just me and my bike. I don't need space for two quads and a boat. Just a Harley-size cruiser and a big toolbox, a bike lift, and the usual accessories. Am wondering what's out there to narrow the search to a VERY good quality unit I can buy used and still have enough to buy the requisite truck to pull it. The idea is to go as small and light and as possible and still have a unit as comfortable as I can get that I won't outgrow. Slide outs would be good, and am leaning to 5th wheel toy hauler models. I doubt I would ever sleep more than 2 people in it... should I get lucky at the local watering hole. ANd, not really looking to hole up in frigid climates either. Mountains in summer, flatlands in winter.

Any advice appreciated. I won't be buying for awhile yet, need to deal with the house, etc. But, getting started on the research now. Funds will be limited, and I want to own free and clear. Hence, used unit, used truck. I figure to let the original buyer take all that depreciation. Thanks so much!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
.......I doubt I would ever sleep more than 2 people in it... should I get lucky at the local watering hole.....

Any advice appreciated. I won't be buying for awhile yet, need to deal with the house, etc. But, getting started on the research now. Funds will be limited, and I want to own free and clear. Hence, used unit, used truck. I figure to let the original buyer take all that depreciation. Thanks so much!

Welcome to S&M. A great forum!

You know about getting lucky at the watering hole and companionship! It is my understanding that most of the toy haulers have trouble with width in the cargo
bay; 2 Harley-sized units and a lift might be difficult to fit. Sooner or later you may require more space!

Good luck.....:beer::beer:

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!!:wavymsn:
Put your feet up and stay awhile:av-31:
Space may be a factor, since I've seen a few waterbuffalo at the watering hole, that may just want to graze with you after.:surrender::PDT_daz::lol2:

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!
If you look at the classifieds there is a toy hauler with 14' garage for sale. Nice unit, take a look!

Pilotbiker

Reaction score
Thanks you guys, I see my "watering hole" comment drew some smiles ;) Well, you caught my drift, no doubt about that! Anything but a 3-bagger, and she does laundry would work I guess.

Thanks also for the heads ups. Wilco to all. Note that I only have the one bike, so two units is not a factor.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site...............

Top Bottom