Grease around crank under clutch

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

2nd question for tonight. Is this grease like stuff back around the crank under the clutch normal? I notice that under the clutch and the back of the clutch is very dirty compared to the rest. Most of the belt dust looking dirt seams to be coming form there. I have never blown a belt and the belt wear has been good.

With the grease looking stuff in there like that I was wondering about the seal, if it was leaking maybe? :confused:

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2010_01_13-EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi-5321.jpg

2010_01_13-EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi-5320.jpg

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the grease looking stuff in there like that I was wondering about the seal, if it was leaking maybe? :confused:

that doesn't look good to me!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seal is toast, can fix it rather easily, new seal new grease your good to go, looks like you may have caught it in time. definitely fix before riding anymore.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you heat the seal retainer bolts before you try and take them out, they probably have loctite on them. Make a pusher tool from a washer and a piece of pipe so you can use your clutch bolt to pull the seal in square.
Check run out before you start, you might end up going deeper into it than you want.

Top Bottom