Graves creek - n.w montana!

Puckaneer19

Reaction score
To the Eureka locals:
You guys are beggining to worry me. I haven't been down there in the last 5-6 weeks. However, we are coming down after boxing day. Are you saying there is no snow at all? Can a guy at least get to some trails to Weasel Cabin or anything? Pinkam Hills maybe? The Snotel readings are for real? Any ice on Glen Lake (fishing)? Am I going to have to sit and talk to my wife? This is worse than I thought!!

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Boxing Day????, No not much snow, two feet at weasel, maybe a little more in the pass and around, you can ride, but can't do a whole lot...But it is still better than stayin home!

Last edited:

MHMontana

Reaction score
Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on here! I guess it's that time of year again...or it has been for about a month or more, just NO white stuff to show for it!!! When is BlueSkiDoo going to break out some serious snow dance???? We're waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it doesn't snow here soon I think it will be fair to say Joe and I will have officially converted BuckHorn to a "die hard kitty cat chaser". Good to see Kevy alive, was beginning to wonder if I would ever get a chance to speak to a more "3-dimensional" version of Kev again (no offense flat kevy, you can put down alot of Boones). In the mean time gang I think it is seriously time to start a snow dance or something of the sort. I hear Sinclair Basin on a bluebird day, with 3 feet of fresh pow, 16 bottles of Boones, and Fuzzy Davel with one hell of a hangover, just screaming our names! But for now....PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!!!!:eek:

BuckHorn

Reaction score
I see signs of snow in the mountains. We are looking at a Jan 1st ride followed by world famous CFS from the BDL. Coleman said he wouldn't go until the new years. Jan 1st is the new year. BFG is in, Willie is out of town and no ideas of Cane. Full sized flat Kevy will be in play though. BlueSkidoo and I went into Wolverine on Monday. Sad state of snow there. This heavy wet stuff falling now will create good base but...

Puckaneer19

Reaction score
Went to Birch Cr today with the toys to have a look see. NOTHING! I'm not local so can somebody tell me how much further to go where I could take off from? The road gets pretty narrow past Birch in the event I need to turn back ..... and I don't have chains. Anybody know if Olney or Columbia Falls is worth a drive? Thanks in advance!

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Went to Birch Cr today with the toys to have a look see. NOTHING! I'm not local so can somebody tell me how much further to go where I could take off from? The road gets pretty narrow past Birch in the event I need to turn back ..... and I don't have chains. Anybody know if Olney or Columbia Falls is worth a drive? Thanks in advance!

We parked at the wye, which is about three miles further up the road, on Monday. There is a wide spot about a half mile past Birch Cr at Cat Creek where you can fit four pickups.

This weather is hard on us. We are planning an outing on Jan 1st with a group of us no matter what. Hopefully the snow gods will start to shine on us.

See you on the hill.

BuckHorn

Reaction score

In regards to Flathead riding, I think they are in about the same situation as us. Some playing off the road but scary. Libby has about 4ft in places and the boys there have been having some fun.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guys towed in a sled yesterday from blueberry, hit a burried mine and did some ulgy damage, what is up with the lack of snow, never seen it this bad at this time before, so sad

BuckHorn

Reaction score
We ended up riding both Saturday and Sunday. The BDL won the poker run. It sure was good to have part of the crowd there. Maybe, if the stars line up and with some small prayers, we will be able to get everyone together this weekend. The BDL is calling for chicken fried steaks on Saturday night again. Suppose to snow this week. Cane, BFG, Nate, Luke, Willie, Eric, are you out there?

Attachments

• Big bowl.jpg
    Big bowl.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 207
  • T Remp going high.jpg
    T Remp going high.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Big wall with Remp marks.jpg
    Big wall with Remp marks.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Todd's new ride.jpg
    Todd's new ride.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 203

BuckHorn

Reaction score
I just broke the news to the BFG and Willie that there is a new sled on the hill. They seemed to accept it with grace. Where are our snow clouds? Cane, I here that a large man stopped by your office to apply pressure. Flat Kevy is fun but....

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look to bad! Just rode 4foot power in golden it was awesome! Do u think it's worth getting a truck load together and hitting graves creek this weekend!! Who do u pay the trail fee to and where? As well how much is it?

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
If you just rode 4' of powder in Golden.... I would think you would be sadly disappointed in Graves Creek this weekend....There is not that type of snow here yet!!
we still need at least 2 more feet to cover blow down timber and other brush!!

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the reply Orange hurricane! This must be a bad year down there for snow, is it usually pretty good by now?I know you can't always have the best snow conditions every time! But I love the area, and people down there they have always bin very welcoming every time I'm in the area. So why not come down and check out the mountian it's always good to sharpen your boondock'n skills! Lol

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Its a go for Saturday!! What time do we all want to meet up? Looks like you had a fun ride ... is that Todd on a new RMK??

Yes, the tall man also has a new sled. He is excited to try it out in 4' of powder though. Maybe we should head to Golden!! I think we are still talking about a 9am meeting at Birch. But only if we get snow the next couple of days!!!! Otherwise, we will have to go to the wye. It will good to have you out again Cane. Hope the rest can make it. Some hard core boys from Libby might join us also. A fight into Clarence Bowl?

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
This is from sledding on the 23/24. Buck, like I was mentioning it was skinny down low as you can see but once you got the elevation it was pretty sweet. Keeler & RM. Found some great stuff on sun/mon this week, but the bowls are landmines waiting to blow.

December 2011 Sledding on Vimeo

Top Bottom