Graves creek - n.w montana!

MHMontana

Reaction score
Nooooooo side-hilling or creek bottoms for this girl, at least not this weekend! Be safe tomorrow you shinanigans!!! Cane, make sure you watch your back track, there is a BIG MAN after you and your camera!

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
This mean old lady is staying home and cleaning house for when her daughter comes home..... You boys can go and have a guys day out. Just don't get hurt....BFG leave Cane alone.......or NO CHICKEN FRIED STEAK

BuckHorn

Reaction score
12-11-10 Ride

We had a great time, as we always do!!! Here are a couple of pictures. Looks like it has been raining up there. Sux!! Suppose to get a bunch of snow this week though. Looks like we will be heading out on Sunday, (19th). Rumor has the old 670 going out.

Attachments

• Humpy Bump Bowl.jpg
    Humpy Bump Bowl.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Eddy Goes High.jpg
    Eddy Goes High.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Drunk Eddy.jpg
    Drunk Eddy.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 168
  • One Shot.jpg
    One Shot.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 173

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good pics guys just wondering how far from yellowstone this is? And how to get there have a group of four coming down for a week and always looking for new area pm me if its easier thanks unit!:beer:

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
Hey BuckHorn, was out there on the white M8 with Casey the other day when I ran into you and the group in Clarence.

Thought I better get on here.

Might see you out there this weekend, can't wait.

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
I was pretty pissed when Casey and I were trying to get the sled out and those chumps were just sitting there after they saw the whole thing happen then just rode away. I know of one of the guys that was in that group because he works in the same industry as me and I can tell you the word is out about it up here as well. Big Green bus probably not so welcome next time. Always an A-Hole out there.

This is what I was talking about when those 8+ Canadians wouldnt come help
the boys get out of the Creek...

This is why I kept saying
" Mighty Neighborly..... Mighty Neighborly" :nono:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM[/YT]

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Sledhead, glad to see you in here. We have almost as much fun here as we do on the hill. Glad Cane posted the u-tube stuck video.

Unit 1, we are a long ways from Yellowstone. We are in the NW corner of the state and it is in the SW corner-probably 600 miles from here. Eureka is only 8 miles from the Canadian line so we are much closer.

BFRT stickers are out. They look cool. Sounds like a Sunday ride this weekend with Jose- I have never seem snow- in attendance. Should be fun to expose him to some of our areas.

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
Hey Buckhorn.....What time on Sunday? 10am or so. Don't forget to remind bart and mel also (please) Also will need to barrow a sled from someone (BFG) if I could the vertical escape has made its escape.....and Coleman will need something to ride.

Buckhorn we also need to ask Patrick if there can be a man put on the logo instead of the lady...that way Megan and I won't feel so weird...

Can't wait to ride on Sunday with everyone...

Orange Hurricane

Reaction score
Current Glacier Country Avlanche Advisory

Heavy precipitation and rapid warming are currently producing very dangerous avalanche conditions. The avalanche danger is rated HIGH. Travel in avalanche terrain is not recommended. Both natural and human triggered avalanches are likely. Particularly suspect currently are steep gullies and large, steep, unanchored slopes on all aspects between the elevations of 5,000 to 7,000 feet elevation.
DangerScale-English.jpg

MHMontana

Reaction score
BFRT:
What is on the agenda for Sunday??? BuckHorn is little brother Hannay going to man-handle the 670 this weekend? I've been studying hard all week and plan on staying in on friday and saturday so that I am able to take a much earned study break Sunday to hit the "soggy" mountains. I feel as if I have become unattached to the riding since it has been over a week since my last "outing". SOOO WRONG!! Hopefully the snow dumps here the next few days. NO AVALANCHES!!!!!!!!!!! :nono: Thanks for the heads up though Cane:d :beer:

BuckHorn

Reaction score
Sunday ride

We are on for 10am on Sunday. Sammy and the 670 will be tearing it up!!! Jose and Megs 2 will be there also. The BFG will be there after an evening at the Frontier for our Christmas party. Could be some heavy fog in the morning.

Sldhead, what kind of camera do you have? Santa was talking about dropping one off for one of the crew this year.

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
Okay Race Team.... Megans husbands name is Walter not Jose.... Please don't let it slip on sunday....I will take away the next chicken fried steak dinner if you do....:nono::nono::nono:

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
Re: Sunday ride

The helmet cam is a Contour HD. Bought it back when 720HD was all they had. Now the 1080 is out and not much more $$. The GoPro is a little harder to mount and sticks out a fair ways. Similar quality video though.

Without a helmet and some goggles I guess you could always use some indian chrome (duct tape) and tape it to your hat:)

Here's a vid I threw together from some mid november riding with it. Dont forget the sound.

[media]http://www.vimeo.com/17402908[/media]

Edit: The parts of the vid where you see the orange tipped skis on the white M8 and the camera pointed backwards is me with the Contour HD 720, the clips where you see the black M8 is filmed with a 1080 Go Pro. Non-helmet cam footage is a Sony 1080 HD camcorder.

We are on for 10am on Sunday. Sammy and the 670 will be tearing it up!!! Jose and Megs 2 will be there also. The BFG will be there after an evening at the Frontier for our Christmas party. Could be some heavy fog in the morning.

Sldhead, what kind of camera do you have? Santa was talking about dropping one off for one of the crew this year.

SLDHEAD

Reaction score
Re: Sunday ride

Hey Sldhead......That video is awesome......Thanks

Thanks alot. I've got more I can randomly post up for $hits and giggles.

Did a 40 minute full length one for all the group I ride with and am in the midst of making the sequel to it from last years riding but it takes some time to do. Always looking for more people and footage (read crashes:) ) so hopefully I can bump into you guys again and get you all in it as well. Surprised I haven't ran into you guys already, last three years I've been sledding 2-3 weekends a month there. Usually I hide out in the timber though.

I'm heading down after work today for the weekend, no internet there though to get on here for the weekend, so might see you guys this weekend.

MHMontana

Reaction score
That video was awwwwesome!!!!! Great job!!! I would like to have one on at least one member of the BFRT occasionally, just to get a running commentary of the sh*t that gets said! Good times, good times. Hopefully this sun is here on sunday, make for an awesome picture day!!!

blackberry dragon lady

Reaction score
Sunday Dec. 19th... Beautiful day for a ride... We missed you Cain!!!!

Attachments

• donna crash.jpg
    donna crash.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 248
  • snowmobile 2011 041.jpg
    snowmobile 2011 041.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 253
  • snowmobile 2011 045.jpg
    snowmobile 2011 045.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 246
Top Bottom