Grassland Grass Drags, 2011?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When does this happen this year? Is the track 500'? Are we allowed picks in the tires? When I raced at the Eckville grass drags they wouldn't let us run anything in the tires, not even screws.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in running screws. They could fly out. But if we use the same spikes as the sleds, no reason why not. No way I could make a 500 foot pass on just tire. Way too dangerous. I need some way to keep it straight.

Did you see my tires Danno? :d

ghglenn

Reaction score
When, and if you guys go to this event, could you post it here. I would like to go check this out with my son. Would be cool to see the 700's make some passes. Thanks.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Danno is almost done his build. I haven't started mine yet. So providing when the event is AND IF THEY ALLOW SPIKES... will determine who shows up.

If a 1/4 mile gets slick and the track can't hold the tires, they don't race. That's my take here. Imagine turning sideways a little under power at 3/4 track?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in running screws. They could fly out. But if we use the same spikes as the sleds, no reason why not. No way I could make a 500 foot pass on just tire. Way too dangerous. I need some way to keep it straight.

Did you see my tires Danno? :d
Which tires? What have you got goin on now?::nono:

If I run pavement, I don't think I'm going to run the full 1/4. I'll likely shut down after the 660 mark. Mac & I were talkin and for dirt, I don't see why we can't stud the stock holeshots? I have a couple of suppliers that sell Woodies studs and chizels. I'm just trying to decide what would work best?

I might be almost done my build but Terry's (Camo's) machine is quite a bit nicer than mine and he hasn't rebuilt it yet. It' a piece of art work! When you get it done Terry, you gotta put up some pics here!

Last edited:

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is nicer than yours???? Not anymore bud. That thing is sweet. I hope my rebuild turns out as nice as yours.

Tires... I guess you didn't see them. lol

And on pavement, in Edmonton, I heard they only let you run the 1/8th.

I bought some Hoosiers for the asphalt. I just need to build some struts now.

climbin

Reaction score
Did you guys ever settle the distance for the Grassland drags? 500 ft is pretty long for ATVs as a rule.

Top Bottom