Grande Prairie Suds Night/CAC Fundraiser

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading about the Calgary crew raising funds for the CAC and had a idea. I recently went to a fundraising supper at the Lions Den in GP, we had to sell tickets for a steak supper and a portion of the ticket went back to the group. So to kill two birds with one stone we could have a Suds night and raise some money for the CAC. I think that we had 100 tickets to sell, if they were all sold they would close the bar down to the public and it would just be the supporters there. I am not sure about the details on the Lions Den, but maybe someone knows someone there. If we could involve the Swan City Snowmobile Club, they could possible do a 50/50 draw and put those funds towards there cause, maybe even door prizes. I have no contacts with the Lions Den or the Snowmobile Club, so hopefully some others could help with the contacts, then we could make a plan to get something going. Steak, Beer, and fundraising for some good causes, sound like a good time to me.

Input please.

Paul

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great idea. I think the GP snowmobile community could support something like this. I was at the club meeting last night and now would be the time to do this, lots of excitement out there right now. Maybe talk to the group that did the fundraiser you attended to get contacts for the Lions Den then get in touch with me and I can bring it to the club.
This is what our community needs is a good social outing to start off the season.

Dan

custalero

Reaction score
I know a guy that is pretty good friends with the owner of the den, so I will talk to him and se what we could do.

Brad,

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fatguy1 would be down with that!

The Den has good eats!

let me know

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting indeed...:hmm:

Gonna keep an eye on this thread :beer:

:beer:;) or :nono:?
Bahahaha

Edm, Red Deer, Calgary all have Suds night... Gp needs to have a suds night getter done, helk we live 2 hours from the mountains(that has nothing to do with anything).

Count 2 in here possibly more sled buddies once we get a date set.

Tuesdays there $6 Steak night usually packed, Wednesdays is Wings, Thursdays is Beer Factory, Friday is Friday, Saturday is Saturday, so Sunday or Monday?

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be a GC boy but im interested for sure, dont think we will ever have one here soo..

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we put it togeather for November 8th, or the week of?
If the den don't work, shark's is okay too.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im in grande prarie a lot,If im there the night you guys settle on I would be there for sure,someone needs to confirm a date for this.I wont help with organizing cause that will Jinx it,every time I try to do one of these it bombs LOL!
Pm me when you get the date in case I miss it.
Thx catmando!

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I got the low down from the Lions Den. We can get 150 tickets printed. Each ticket is 15.00 for a steak dinner. The bar is closed to the public from 5-9 o'clock. They only do it on a Saturday. The next available space is in February. If we did a 50/50 we would need a licence for that. Raffels are ok to do. I don't know anyone with the Snowmobile club, I beleive they would be a major part of this as thay have contacts with the dealers and hopefuilly get some good door prizes. It would be good to split the money raised between the Snowmobile Club and the CAC. The portion of the ticket to the fundraiser would be 7.50, if all of the tickets are sold and only 80 people show up than you only pay for 80 meals, therefor making more money. With a 50/50 and some door prizes we could raise $3000.00.

Paul

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good info Paul. If the next availible slot is in Feb. maybe we could tie it in with the clubs poker rally that is held the weekend after the family day weekend. Give me a PM, we can get together and hash out some details that I can present to the club.
That being said, we should do a suds night just to get a bunch of sled heads together for a few.

Dan

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Zac's Tracs will be in town early Feb as well for Avy Training, maybe someone from CAC will be up as well for that time??

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets get togeather for a suds night to plan the fund raiser suds night !
Would Wed. Nov 3rd a Egan's work?

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good info Paul. If the next availible slot is in Feb. maybe we could tie it in with the clubs poker rally that is held the weekend after the family day weekend. Give me a PM, we can get together and hash out some details that I can present to the club.
That being said, we should do a suds night just to get a bunch of sled heads together for a few.

Dan

Any word from the Club?

Top Bottom