Grande Prairie CAC Fundraiser

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the final details we have come up with.

When: January 28, 2011
Where: Egan's, above Rock City
What: Steak Supper
Cost: $20.00 with over half going directly to CAC

Zacs Tracs has donated 2 courses to auction off or raffle with procedes going to CAC. We will do a 50/50 and give the proceeds to CAC. We have 100tickets to sell. If you want tickets just reply to this thread. We all utilize the CAC's services, here is your opportunity to give something back and have a good time doing it. Thanks to ZacsTracs for donating the courses. Hopefully we will get some support form the dealers in town and have a few more things to auction off or if you have something to give, let us know. Thanks to Koby for dealing with Eagans and getting Zacs to donate 2 courses.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guadins Honda in Beaverlodge is in with some form of a donation, like a coat or something along those lines. Thanks Allen.

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Awesome job a getting this fundraiser going guys and gals! The CAC has a lot of awesome public safety projects in mind and not enough financial resources to get them ready for the public to use. One particular project is partly a result of the that Sherry Waldroff (Beck) spearheaded.

The preliminary work on this snowmobile specific project is pretty cool. The drafts that I have seen from the CAC were related to the Avaluator and Terrain Ratings.
571.jpg

The new work will ADD TO the information currently available on the web and the level of detail in the terrain ratings are expected to increase by a huge amount!

I'll shoot JK, Operations Manager at the CAC, a quick email and see if this project is still moving ahead.

Maybe this project would be a good one for the GP group to support? With a few more $$ it may get off the ground a little faster?

In February 2009, some of the Swan City Snowmobile club members toured Peter Marshall (forecaster with the CAC) and Randy & I around the Kakwa area to start the process of terrain rating for this part of the region.
Perhaps this Grande Prairie generated funding could be directed to include the Kakwa areas in the improved terrain resources?

==================================

After using the Trip Planning, be sure to check out the Slope Evaluation card. To learn more about the Avaluator2, just click here.[/URL]
This tool helps with decisions in the field.
To learn more about the Avaluator2, just click here.
572.jpg
573.jpg

Last edited:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Post !

For allot of us, the end goal is as you mentioned, better reporting of the North Rockies.

Thanks!

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Koby, I sent you a email. Get back to me on how I can get 10 tickets, I'll start with them then get more if needed. I'll be at the club meeting tonight so if I could get them by then maybe I could get rid of some. Let me know.

Stickman

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Rene at Stojans, there on board with a donation for the silent aution.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Darren at Countryside Motor Sports, they are on board for a donation to the silent aution.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Dave at Redline Powercraft. They will be making a donation to the silent auction.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are getting an awesome response from the local dealers here in Grande Prairie. They are suporting with donations and purchasing tickets. There will be a good selection at the silent aution, good food and drinks from Eagans and good times with sledding buddies.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is fantastic news and very timely. We have been looking to be more involved in the local mountains around Grande Prairie and the North Rockies region in general.

I have been working with Ryan Shelly of Grand Prairie to develop regular observations in the Kakwa area. Ryan is currently volunteering with the CAC on an ongoing basis. I can commit that 100% of the funds raised at your fundraiser will go to supporting this initiative. Here is what I would like to do:

Support more training for Ryan by sending him to participate in the South Rockies observation program for a training session during January 2011
Supply some travel money to Ryan so that he can get in and out of the Kakwa without going bankrupt
Send a CAC Forecaster to do a field trip in the North Rockies area with Ryan to produce more terrain ratings and other information that users will be able to benefit from.

Thanks for thinking of the CAC.

John Kelly

Operations Manager

Canadian Avalanche Centre

250 837 2141

jkelly@avalanche.ca

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To date we only have a few tickets left(10-20). If you need some call Paul(831-4332)

Our silent auction is looking to be bigger than we expected Countryside donated a Ortovox 3 antenna beacon, the CAC on behalf of BRP has given a Helium 50 jacket, a snowcross fleece, and a Muscoka Fleece. The CAC on behalf of Polaris has donated a Mountain Event Jacket. Zac's has donated 2 AST Level 1 Courses. The Swan City Snowmobile Club will be running a 50/50 for the groomer fund. So don't forget to bring some cash for these items.

As noted in the last post all of the money will stay in the North Rockies and by looking at the weather we need accurate bulletins soon.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winsor Motosports are on board with a Klim Coat for a donation to the silent auction. Thanks to Jordan

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Doug Marshall GM, care of Dan(Stickman). Coat, hoodies and shirts.

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have decided to have the 2 AST Level 1 courses go as door prizes. Its a 1:50 chance you would win. Also Zacs has room for there AST level 1 Course

Top Bottom