Grande Prairie 1st Annual Nitehawk Hillcross - April 4th, 2009 -

Smokeshow

Reaction score
Just found this on the Grande Prairie Online () website:

"1st Annual Nitehawk Hillcross
April 4th, 2009 will see snowmobiles racing up Nitehawk ski hill for Cash & Prizes. Up to 6 snowmobiles will race heads up on a course consisting bumps, jumps & turns up the hill to a finishh line over 500 meters away. Classes for all ages and displacements. Will have designated areas for spectators to enjoy the fun as well. BBQ, beer gardens and entertainment will all be available. For more info. contact Rob Hayward or visit snowmobile club website.
Starts: Friday, April 03, 2009
Ends: Saturday, April 04, 2009
Venue: Nitehawk Ski Hill

Last edited by a moderator:

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NOW that sounds awesome...I'll be there fosho.....Kinda a Kamikaze up hill type of deal huh, lol, J/K

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet! I'll be there for that. been hoping they would do it in Peace River at Misery Mountain, it's the largest non-mountain ski hill in Canada.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may have to talk to the boys in GP and see if they are in I will be good spring ride

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this subject should be locked at the top, Scottford can you do this?

no but if you ask nicely to one of the moderators and they feel it is worth it they well.......

Guess I better dig out the old 340enticer for this event....:d or with all these turbo'd and supercharged sleds maybe we can have a race backwards up that little bunny hill....:d

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My daughter is figure skating in G.P. that weekend. Guess my boy and I are gonna be watching some sled carnage instead of double toe loops, and sit spins. :d:d

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working in GP and last night went snowboarding instead of sittin' in the room. I know the fella that runs the hill and he was telling me this, wouldn't mind entering myself. He said they already have 80+ registered riders, will be a fulllll day with that many

Big twin

Reaction score
Thanks Sumx54
I think this will be a huge success... Hope I'm back in time...Damn job anyway!

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time I was on that hill was moons ago when I was into semi-pro ski jumping, going down the hill though!!, going to be even cooler going up the hill :eek:

Smokeshow

Reaction score
Just had a look at the information poster for the event on the Swan City Snowmobile Club website, sounds like there will be a Show and Shine along with preregistration April 3!

Top Bottom