GPS Waterproof

PimpingRhino

Reaction score
What is the best wide screen GPS that you can put on the Quad. I have a Garmin Nuvi with all the Oilfield cutlines , but I don't think it is waterproof

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look on the Garmin web site under the "on the trail" header then pick mapping handhelds (so you can map your rides)most if not all the out door GPSs are waterproof. Etrex's, Map 60s. The listing for each will tell you for sure and I can personally garontee my Map 60 CSX is waterproof. I get it covered in mud and have dunked it in a stream still works perfect. Those motorcycle ones or the car ones probubly wont withstand the bumps bangs and mud.

Qub3d

Reaction score
What is the best wide screen GPS that you can put on the Quad. I have a Garmin Nuvi with all the Oilfield cutlines , but I don't think it is waterproof

Even the Garmin(s) aren't water proof... Water Resistant is more like it. They can be in water but only for a limited time. I have the Garmin CSx76 and have had it get wet on the trails through puddles with no problems...

Hope this helps.

Black08

Reaction score
I have the Zumo 550 it's waterproof and will take the vibration. It's not a widescreen but works very well. I was in the same boat as you NUVI 660 but it doesn't like moisture.

Kris

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even the Garmin(s) aren't water proof... Water Resistant is more like it. They can be in water but only for a limited time. I have the Garmin CSx76 and have had it get wet on the trails through puddles with no problems...

Hope this helps.

garmin handhelds are rated submergable under 1 metre of water for 30 minutes I believe

Qub3d

Reaction score
Thanks Summitteer, I knew it was about 1 meter just wasn't sure of the time. That's quite awhile when you think about it... you aren't going to scuba with the thing :)

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
garmin handhelds are rated submergable under 1 metre of water for 30 minutes I believe

Real handy for those occasions when you're pinned under your quad in a slew about 3 feet deep. You can give your loved ones the coordinates so they can find your body... as long as your cell phone is waterproof :confused: :d

Top Bottom