Gotta Stop

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me.

I don't know about the cultures you named using grants for their cultural preserving. I thought most of them did it on their own dollar.

well, you're probably right for the most part but I know there have been govt grants along the way for some heritage projects....I was not singling out any groups

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The side effect of the government doing everything it can to "help" these individuals, from housing, feeding them, educating them, free medical, to wiping their ass, is a death rate that is through the roof. Suicide, alcoholism, diabetes, drugs.......and the more "help" they get, the more they want. Good thing they have free funerals as well. That's how it is down here anyway. The proof is in the obituaries. Their random breeding program doesn't seem to be the best idea, either.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The side effect of the government doing everything it can to "help" these individuals, from housing, feeding them, educating them, free medical, to wiping their ass, is a death rate that is through the roof. Suicide, alcoholism, diabetes, drugs.......and the more "help" they get, the more they want. Good thing they have free funerals as well. That's how it is down here anyway. The proof is in the obituaries. Their random breeding program doesn't seem to be the best idea, either.
By your location you are in the US and have problems with them
But the problem was caused because we put them in residential schools

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problems started long before residential schools. Many young natives were happy to be taken away from their messed up home life but you won't hear those stories. Not PC. No doubt a lot of these schools were bad situations though.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problems started long before residential schools. Many young natives were happy to be taken away from their messed up home life but you won't hear those stories. Not PC. No doubt a lot of these schools were bad situations though.
You guys don't get sarcasm
This was my point
But they are saying everything would be wonderful if we ( the bad white people )
Didn't take their kids and put them in residential schools.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone give any thought to why the government of the day decided they needed to put the kids into the residential schools ?? Think it was because the First Nations leaders and reserves and parents were doing a stellar job ? What a bunch of "poor us ,it's not our fault" bull$hit and excuses and pass the buck crap. It's been 140 ish friggen years folks, and gazillions of dollars. And now you're saying , " just a bit more money and we can fix everything". Really ?? Baloney . Time for hugging and understanding is over, gonna be tough on a generation or 2 to get it fixed, and that's too bad , but it needs to be done, and in my mind it's their own damn fault .

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone give any thought to why the government of the day decided they needed to put the kids into the residential schools ?? Think it was because the First Nations leaders and reserves and parents were doing a stellar job ? What a bunch of "poor us ,it's not our fault" bull$hit and excuses and pass the buck crap. It's been 140 ish friggen years folks, and gazillions of dollars. And now you're saying , " just a bit more money and we can fix everything". Really ?? Baloney . Time for hugging and understanding is over, gonna be tough on a generation or 2 to get it fixed, and that's too bad , but it needs to be done, and in my mind it's their own damn fault .

They just want to live on handouts for oh woe is me.
Need to get over themselves.
They are nothing special - they have a heritage like everybody else.
Whopdedo - thier's is no more special than anybody else!
Stop bleeding the system and try adding to it.
Look how many have come to this country and maintained their heritage and pride while our natives are stuck on "let's do nothing and get some cash for it" mode.
Just lame and old.
Regardless of what happened in history - they were conquered not robbed, just like many countries in history mine included.
Billions wasted for nothing.
They need help allright - a little tough love.

Last edited:

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im with you all with being done with that handouts.... but i would be ok with a final heavy effort on behalf of the children only to see if we can break this. ****ty upbringings is not a native only issue but i think its more prevalent then elsewhere. I know a few native guys who have good head on their shoulders and doing well in life. If you ask them about their upbringing, they had good role models to keep them on track.

Need to try something different cause if you have not noticed aboriginal groups are getting stronger voices and they are getting smarter. Its only going to cost us more and more as these treaties give them huge advantages if they use them properly and win the battles in court that will no doubt happen.

Top Bottom