Gotta love fishermen...

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've been trying to unload my 2011 summit sp for a while now. Asking 10k for it which might be a bit high but the thing only had 140km on it, two years of warranty left and is honestly mint. Some clown e-mails me this morning saying he can get a 2013 etec for 9000 so I need to come way down on my price. Seemed a bit of a stretch to me considering a 2013 SP retails for 13000 before taxes and fees, plus it's the new xm chassis which I understand is in high demand so I can't see dealers giving them away. Is there some huge sale going on that I missed or should I tell this guy to put down the crack pipe and get serious?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guys are getting the Summit XP SPORT for uner $10k out the door (maybe some PDI or set up fees)
but the Sport does retail under $10k w the 800R PTEK w one year bumper to bumper warranty and like $340 to add engine 2nd yr warr

being as yours is a PTEK as well, i think your a bit high
warranty will be your friend I think tho, if its bumper to bumper or if its engine only

NO WAY dude is getting a 2013 ETEC for $9k, hes high (edit 2013 etec)

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've been trying to unload my 2011 summit sp for a while now. Asking 10k for it which might be a bit high but the thing only had 140km on it, two years of warranty left and is honestly mint. Some clown e-mails me this morning saying he can get a 2013 etec for 9000 so I need to come way down on my price. Seemed a bit of a stretch to me considering a 2013 SP retails for 13000 before taxes and fees, plus it's the new xm chassis which I understand is in high demand so I can't see dealers giving them away. Is there some huge sale going on that I missed or should I tell this guy to put down the crack pipe and get serious?

you can only ask lol,,, wait week or 2 more you will see $9k or more IMO with those km's ask $9500 stay firm it will go

p.s. not everyone knows every price so someone will think its a fair deall and it is.....

I just got offered $8k for my 12 Freeride haha I just wish they would make their offers in person..... but they never doo lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He might be getting a demo 2013 for that price, they are around because the miles are a little higher. It sucks for re-sale on the XP models the but you can buy a new Doo for under $10K (as mentioned - Summit Sport), and if you get a holdover from last year it will be even cheaper.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There shouldn't be ANY 13 demos for sale if they are XM as they were hand built and do not meet safety standards. They will be destroyed or inspected and brought up to standard for big bucks before they can be sold. My limited knowledge on the subject

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one Dan Treadway was riding last year was stamped "PROTOTYPE" where the serial number goes on the tunnel. I thought that was kinda neat.
There shouldn't be ANY 13 demos for sale if they are XM as they were hand built and do not meet safety standards. They will be destroyed or inspected and brought up to standard for big bucks before they can be sold. My limited knowledge on the subject

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the demo sleds that they used were hand built proto types? Any documented changes to the production models? You guys should be thankful if you can still get a decent price for your used XP's with a new model coming out.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the fuktards that say I can get this sled for cheaper. Tell them to get on their bike and go buy it. There isn't even anywhere in Canada to ride a sled yet so why drop your price at all.
If its not sold by this time next month lower it a little. My .02

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was just down in Terrace and was told by the shop there that they sold an XM demo with 1600km on it and no warranty for $9500.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was stamped prototype I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be crushed. I had a demo XP in 2007 when I was on MTC and that sled was returned, retofitted to 2008 specs and resold by us. It had a serial number on the tunnel.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had many doo's, (and currently have a Cat and Polaris), I would be interested due to the milage, not sure what a SP gets you, I imagine that it is somewhere betweent eh Everest and the Summit X???What color is it? I seem to think that they came in all black or black with yellow????

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2011 was all black. SP gets you the X level gauges (altimeter, digital tach, temp gauge etc), gas shocks, s-36 front end, and the x-narrow seat over the base model. Going with the x over the sp for 2011 gave you the etec motor, clicker shocks, tapered handlebars, and the painted tunnel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom