Got a Question to Ask

sLEDoRdIE

Reaction score
Hey i know im new here, but ive got a question about my 2003 LTZ 400. Would it affect my performance or hurt my engine if i took out the buffel/spark arrestor from my stock pipe.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should not effect performance but may take on extra water if you kill it in the creek!
catmando!

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you remove the spark arrester, put in a less restrictive air filter(k&n, or twin Air)you will have to rejet your carb but will have a slight power increase!
And oh yes it will be louder but sound good

Last edited by a moderator:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
spark arrester

You should worry about starting a forest fire. Spark arresters are I think mandatory in the bush when riding. It sure would suck to start a fire just to gain some small power gain.:twocents:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Wouldn't Remove The Spark Arrester --

;) sorry, but i gotta agree with sledderglen(2 wrenchheads agreeing -- gotta like that !!!)....... I don't even think there would be a hp gain, just from removing the spark arrester. But is it worth possibly causing a fire, anyway???

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
;) sorry, but i gotta agree with sledderglen(2 wrenchheads agreeing -- gotta like that !!!)....... I don't even think there would be a hp gain, just from removing the spark arrester. But is it worth possibly causing a fire, anyway???

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there's a pretty stiff fine if you're caught out in the bush with a machine with no spark arrester

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better to service the unit, you need a measured amount of back pressure to maintain power, not enough restriction may hurt your performance.

Ltz 400 is an awesome unit, good power , just get a jet kit and gear it up or down depending on if you want more speed or mud flinging power, they work very well and give the stock 660 raptors a run for the money...

T

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: I Wouldn't Remove The Spark Arrester --

X3, insignificant power gain, lot loader and then there is that thing about fires

Top Bottom