GoPro

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets hear it. Is the Session any good? Is the Black worth it? Can't go wrong with silver?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm a huge fan of gopro's. I own a Hero 1080p, a Hero 3 Black and Hero 3+ Black.

If all you want to do is take clips, leave the footage alone with no editing, just trim it to length and share it. The silver will do just fine.

The session does seem like a neat little camera, but I would get frustrated with changing settings. If you're into just a one button type set up that camera may be good for you.

I'm a big fan of the Hero 3 black edition. Shoots in 4k, RAW and has options for slow motion with audio. That is the ideal camera to me. I do some editing of my footage so that's why I choose the black edition. The ability to change it easily from the camera, the options to add an LCD screen, an extra battery backpack. Wireless features, and comes with a handy remote to put on your wrist or pocket so you can easily press a button and see on the remote screen that is in fact recording and in video mode.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are so many knock-offs now. GP's stock is way down. Let's face it they were way overpriced. The trick now is figuring out which of the cheapies is decent enough.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are so many knock-offs now. GP's stock is way down. Let's face it they were way overpriced. The trick now is figuring out which of the cheapies is decent enough.

That's why I'm thinking of the session, at least the GoPro warranty is proven.

Then they released the Black5 and session 5 yesterday...

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found them to be a waste of money. Used them when I first got it now haven't looked at it in years. If I knew how to edit might be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meh. I've had my Contour Roam for years and it's bulletproof. Simple slide switch for on/off, no fawking around to make sure it's on and the battery lasts all day. Never frozen or quit on me once since I've owned it.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And now Nikon released a couple versions as well so it looks like the big boy camera companies are jumping into the action cam sector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I'm thinking of the session, at least the GoPro warranty is proven.

Then they released the Black5 and session 5 yesterday...

GoPro warranty isn't that great. On the forward facing screen half of the pixels aren't working on my hero 3 black. I contacted them and after numerous unsatisfied convos back and forth they offered me $50 off of a new camera and I didn't take the offer because I didn't want to give them money for another camera when I have received very lackluster service. I rather not back a company that wont stand behind their products.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my Drift I bought for racing. Water proof, and it has its own screen so you can play back the video right on it. Makes it nice for aiming too.

Top Bottom