GoPro and others

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the recording times are for these helmet cam's. Been looking around and can't find anyone talk about actual recording time. What are you guys getting out of your GoPro's and other makes?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I get about 3 hrs in the cold with the drift ghost on a single battery. I carry a spare battery and run a 64 gig class 10 card, card will easily last all day (6-8 hrs) even if you left it recording the whole time.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just reading the manual on my sony AS15 and it says 4hrs 5 mins. I will put that to the test this weekend.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with brands other than GoPro.

I run a GoPro Hero3 black edition with the "backpack" battery. If I run it on full 1080 wide angle it will get maybe 3-4 hours of non-stop filming. It depends on the temp too, the warmer it is the longer it'll last. If I film in 960or 720 the battery lasts longer too. Honestly not that impressed with battery life on it.

I'll be picking up a spare battery and a wall charger (faster) this season as well.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my gopro takes 2 AAA's. depending on battery kind and temps, I've got anywheres from 4 minutes to 25 minutes.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Garmin VIRB Elite today. I will let you know what I find out on lithium rechargeable battery life after Monday, when I plan to use it. I am told that it should last approximately 3 hours at -10 Celsius.

Top Bottom