Goodyear Wrangler Tire's

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O.K. how many of you peep's out there have a set on your vehicle and when was the last time you looked at the sidewall of the tire?

My buddy had all 4 of his cracking and said he stopped by the tire shop to get them checked out, 80k with lots of tread left on them, tire shop checked the BIN # and told him they were from a bad batch that has a re-call, new set of tires ordered only pays the depreciated wear.

So, sure as shooting when I got home I checked the tires on my 2007 Chevy and side walls are cracked up so off to the tire shop I go tomorrow.

What pizz's me off is the safety factor of a re-call and no phone call, no letter, no nothin..... What's with that? :nono:

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What model of Goodyear Wrangler? And what recall?? I am unaware of any current recalls on the Wrangler tires as it is very difficult to track users of the tires if they come OE on the vehicle. Where are the cracks ? In the white letters or at the bead ?

I am assuming that being you are west of Stony Plain you will be coming to my store so we can certainly discuss and try to satisfy your concerns, and yes if you have any sidewall cracking it is a mfg. defect and warranty will apply. (hopefully the tires are not more than 7 years old that would be the only bump in the road)

Zipp

Reaction score
What model of Goodyear Wrangler? And what recall?? I am unaware of any current recalls on the Wrangler tires as it is very difficult to track users of the tires if they come OE on the vehicle. Where are the cracks ? In the white letters or at the bead ?

I am assuming that being you are west of Stony Plain you will be coming to my store so we can certainly discuss and try to satisfy your concerns, and yes if you have any sidewall cracking it is a mfg. defect and warranty will apply. (hopefully the tires are not more than 7 years old that would be the only bump in the road)

With more things on GM dealers minds than recalls, I would'nt expect a call from them. However, I recently had these tires put on my truck from a reputable tire shop with a pitch man that looks like your moniker. Do you think they would call me? I'd like to think so.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it were a major actual recall they may try to try to contact you through a size purchase as the kelly tire people did last year through us , however tires do not have specific serial #'s by tire the serial # they do have just indicates the week of manufacture so each tire would have to be inspected still. There are at times isues with compounds that for some reasin some sidewall cracking does occur prematurely (all tires will crack with age, that is why 7 years is important and that your tire supplier has regular turn over of inventory. ) and most manufacturers will stand behind them as a defect and apply warranty. Checking tire pressure, condition, and regular rotations are as important as oil changes for your engine to ensure your vehicle does not fail you when needed.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tires are two years old, cracking is all through the lettering on the side wall's, goodyear wrangler AT.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not an usafe issue but certainly a warranty issue. Stop by the shop and the staff will look after you

Top Bottom