Goodwin Performance pivot weight kits

Adam 442

Reaction score
I'm going to make an order by tomorrow morning. The shipping charge is 50% of the price of the kit (35USD on a 69.95 usd part), but if you buy a few at the same time the shipping charge stays the same. Anyone want one? I can order them and then ship to you once they get here. I'm getting a 38mm kit so I can add enough weight to ride around home at 2000feet.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to make an order by tomorrow morning. The shipping charge is 50% of the price of the kit (35USD on a 69.95 usd part), but if you buy a few at the same time the shipping charge stays the same. Anyone want one? I can order them and then ship to you once they get here. I'm getting a 38mm kit so I can add enough weight to ride around home at 2000feet.
If your sled came with the hi altitude clutching, you have the 38mm pin in there already. In that case, the 35mm pins are a better investment. Give you more variable in weight with 2 pins as the weights fit on both pins.

Adam 442

Reaction score
If your sled came with the hi altitude clutching, you have the 38mm pin in there already. In that case, the 35mm pins are a better investment. Give you more variable in weight with 2 pins as the weights fit on both pins.

Good call, I wasn't sure if the kits all came with the same weights and just different bolts. I'll measure my bolts tonight, but I'm sure it is the HAC wit the tag that said 2-8000feet and the way it is over revving.

Driftbuster

Reaction score
Let me know what you end up using for weight and how it works, I'm in same boat, I ride a bit around SK and mostly in BC. Haven't rode my 850 around home yet but I'm sure itll be over revving

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know what you end up using for weight and how it works, I'm in same boat, I ride a bit around SK and mostly in BC. Haven't rode my 850 around home yet but I'm sure itll be over revving
Which setup is already in your machine? If hi elevation with the 967s you need 23.5 to 24 g to ride locally. Heading West this coming week...hear a few gramsover stock goes a long way.
Currently playing with helixes and secondary springs

Driftbuster

Reaction score
Should be Hi elevation, its a 154 3" pull start. So you say the 35 mm kit is better if we have the Hi elevation? looking at hopefully getting that and the different secondary spring that is being recommended. I am also heading to BC next week, will be running stock setup still, last time out there clicker 3 worked well and pulled proper RPMs for me so see how it does this go around

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be Hi elevation, its a 154 3" pull start. So you say the 35 mm kit is better if we have the Hi elevation? looking at hopefully getting that and the different secondary spring that is being recommended. I am also heading to BC next week, will be running stock setup still, last time out there clicker 3 worked well and pulled proper RPMs for me so see how it does this go around

Won't say its better or worse but will say you would have a lighter 35mm pin and a heavier stock 38mm pin in your toolbox and save $10 to boot

Adam 442

Reaction score
Which setup is already in your machine? If hi elevation with the 967s you need 23.5 to 24 g to ride locally. Heading West this coming week...hear a few gramsover stock goes a long way.
Currently playing with helixes and secondary springs

The kit finally showed up. I don't see any reason why I can't stack the weights to get to the 24g, or am I missing something?

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess im a little late on seeing this thread did u happen to get extras.....im heading west fri morning so no need for diff weights yet but when i get back i will need to do some changes so i can ride around sask

Last edited:

Adam 442

Reaction score
I ended up just getting the one kit, sorry. On a side not I weighed the stock 38mm bolt and got 17.95 grams. The 7mm spacer was 4.2 grams, not the 4 as advertised. I had them weighed at the pharmacy, so I think these numbers are solid. I'll go with the two largest spacers and see what that does, should make a big difference.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up just getting the one kit, sorry. On a side not I weighed the stock 38mm bolt and got 17.95 grams. The 7mm spacer was 4.2 grams, not the 4 as advertised. I had them weighed at the pharmacy, so I think these numbers are solid. I'll go with the two largest spacers and see what that does, should make a big difference.

no worries let me kniw how that works for u or what does work as i will be doing the same kinda thing when i get back in feb

Adam 442

Reaction score
Stock 38mm bolts and the two largest spacers on each one netted 8100-8000 rpms north of Prince Albert. Sled feels great, real responsive. Well worth the shipping and brokerage hammer jobs. Sounds like some guys are getting mismatched bolts and I got one extra spacer. I have a digital scale on the way so I can be sure what I am using.

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
I added 10 gram tungsten shims to each pin and she still over revved. My dealer has since installed low elevation kit and i am testing. I think i will probably have to reinstall the 38mm bolt and still add the shims in for weight.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you changed out the primary spring to a 175/300 ?
Would help also to bring down rpm

Top Bottom