good winter tires

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was taling with an old timer tire guy the other day. I too thought skinnier was better but he corrected me. He said for snow the narrwer tirees may be better, for ice you want more contact surface. Guess one has to decide if they are are on ice or in snow more often. Can be confusing.

I run Nokian Vatiiva which are "All Weather" tires. I prefer an all weather over snow tire on my trucks. Smurff runs these too and he really likes them. His truck is heavier thatn mine though. I think they are alright, but I have had better winter performance out of BFG All Terrian TA KO's which are all weather as well.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Fyi: 245/75r16lt section width is 9.8" and the 265/75r16lt is 10.5" section width...........245 overall diameter is 30.5" verses the 265 @ 31.7" in diameter. The bfg all-terrain t/a ko meets the rac snow traction performance requirements...........
You don't need 10 ply tires for a 1/2 ton........i would put on 8 ply maximum........

kawboy

Reaction score
I put a set of 265 Nitto terragrapplers on my 94 Gmc 2 years back. Awsome tire! Very good in snow even in 2wd for an AT. They havent worn very fast either.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give these a try they should be good just saying:d

Attachments

• 1f350mattracks.jpg
    1f350mattracks.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 75
  • db_Mattracks_0141.jpg
    db_Mattracks_0141.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 66

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering what anyone thinks are good winter tires.
just bought summer tires and rims for my 97 4x4 half ton chev. anyone have any ideas of what some good cheap winter tires are? also what size would be better in the snow... 245 or 265?

motomaster total terrains are an awesome tire! got us to bc with 25,000 lbs!

great tires!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing motormaster is good when i buy tires its my saftey so i buy good tires yeah u can go to walmart and buy a tire for $50 buck personaly i would run it on my wheelbarrel but thats me i dont cheap out buying tires toyo were always a good tire up here in the bush :d

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing motormaster is good when i buy tires its my saftey so i buy good tires yeah u can go to walmart and buy a tire for $50 buck personaly i would run it on my wheelbarrel but thats me i dont cheap out buying tires toyo were always a good tire up here in the bush :d

their an awesome tire! when we first bought our trailer with crappy tires , in the rain the trailer was empty and it was pushing us through intersections.

after we got the tires , they stopped us in the rain fully loaded no problem at all!!!! they are an awesome tire i dont care what anybody says!!!!!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
their an awesome tire! when we first bought our trailer with crappy tires , in the rain the trailer was empty and it was pushing us through intersections.

after we got the tires , they stopped us in the rain fully loaded no problem at all!!!! they are an awesome tire i dont care what anybody says!!!!!

Weren't the old tires bald and completely shot? I think any new tire would be an improvement:rolleyes:.

I've yet to try a winter tire since a 35" winter tire doesn't exist but my foreman put a set of Nokian Hakapallitas(sp?) on his car last winter and is very happy with them.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weren't the old tires bald and completely shot? I think any new tire would be an improvement:rolleyes:.

I've yet to try a winter tire since a 35" winter tire doesn't exist but my foreman put a set of Nokian Hakapallitas(sp?) on his car last winter and is very happy with them.

all i am saying is motomaster total terrain is a great tire!

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put donlop rover m/t tires on my truck seem to work great so far and should be good in the snow cause they do have the ice snipes in them

Top Bottom