Good riding trips

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to take a few trips on the harley this year and was wondering if my fellow riders had any suggestions on locations to visit in western canada? Looking for any input about the places that others have been?

Thanks,

Ian:d

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
had an awesome trip last year on my bike from whitecourt to vancouver island

4tkm in 6 days and i remember every second of it

roads are amazing twisty and smooth i think we had about 40km bad road the entire trip :)

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy, south to needles,(across 2 ferries) to Vernon. south through Kelowna to # 3. West back to Alberta. Nice trip.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Closer ride, Drumheller, then take the 11 bridges in 7 miles to Wayne.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy, south to needles,(across 2 ferries) to Vernon. south through Kelowna to # 3. West back to Alberta. Nice trip.

Would actually be Revy to Shelter Bay/ Galena bay ferry, Nukusp , Fauquier, Needles ferry to Vernon. I have to agree can't get much better than Hwy#6, next would be Hwy#4 Parksville to Tofino if it's not raining.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would actually be Revy to Shelter Bay/ Galena bay ferry, Nukusp , Fauquier, Needles ferry to Vernon. I have to agree can't get much better than Hwy#6, next would be Hwy#4 Parksville to Tofino if it's not raining[/B].

Have they fixed that highway since a couple of years ago tho?? It was washed out pretty bad, and the pavement was in pretty rough shape. I've made the drive on the road, couldn't ride the bike due to the rain. Would be great in the nice weather.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would actually be Revy to Shelter Bay/ Galena bay ferry, Nukusp , Fauquier, Needles ferry to Vernon. I have to agree can't get much better than Hwy#6, next would be Hwy#4 Parksville to Tofino if it's not raining.

Alternatively, you keep on the highway south from Nakusp, and follow it through the Slocan Valley. Super gorgeous country down that valley. You will hit highway 3 when ou get south enough. East gets you to nelson or creston, and west sends you towards grand forks.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Short trip - Calgary south on 22 to Longview, then head west on hwy 40. Awesome ride. I find it better to come back the same way after stopping at the Kananaskis gas station unless you want a lot more traffic.

Longer trip - Calgary south to hwy3, head west thru Fernie, Cranbrook to Creston. Ride north on 3A to Crawford Bay. The road from Creston to Crawford Bay is really twisty. Take the ferry and ride South for some beautiful sweeping highways on hwy 6 and back on hwy 3 to Creston.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alternatively, you keep on the highway south from Nakusp, and follow it through the Slocan Valley. Super gorgeous country down that valley. You will hit highway 3 when ou get south enough. East gets you to nelson or creston, and west sends you towards grand forks.

That would be good also thru New Denver, along the lake alot,That whole area south Comumbia and the kooteneys was my area for fuel deliveries to service stations for 10yrs and those roads when fun with a superbee:beer: and 60,000l of gas behind me, always wanted to do a bike trip there.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sound like some good trips to ride. I can't wait to try them out!

Thanks!

Keep them coming!:)

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be good also thru New Denver, along the lake alot,That whole area south Comumbia and the kooteneys was my area for fuel deliveries to service stations for 10yrs and those roads when fun with a superbee:beer: and 60,000l of gas behind me, always wanted to do a bike trip there.

Yep, thats the one, down through new denver. I LOVE it out there. If I had a bike, I would be there weekly

AbleSmith

Reaction score
Website
www.carsbyownerinusa.com
There are some tips and tricks should be remember while riding, we should not suppose to to use the back brake by rotating ankle, Use 1 or 2 fingers only on the front brake and use both brakes simultaneously. It is always important to fill up the right amount of air when riding in hot conditions.
--------------------------------------------------
|

devildogg

Reaction score
If you end up in Grand Forks, go north!

Dead end :rant: best part of the road is from the bridge to Edgewood, then up hwy 6 for some home made pie at mothers home cooking then on to Vernon for a little night life,although an Adventure bike makes it a bit easier for the 80k of dirt :p

IMG_0634-1.jpg

and stop telling people about that road :nono:

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lst year went on a good trip,
Started in Calgary, went down hwy 22 south, to hwy 3 through crowsnest, stayed on that hwy through cranbrook and creston then Hit HWY 3A unning the East side on Kooteny lake, now theres a fun hiway, ferry acrross kooteney bay, hit up Ainsworth hot springs great hotsprings with caves into the mountain, North on 31 and 31A through Kaslo, Hwy 6 through New Denver an Nakusp, north on hwy 23 across the shelter by ferry and into Revy. We ended up just taking hwy 1 back to Calgary due to a delay (damn clutch!)

Was a good ride! Great scenery and some nice curvey roads.

This year is hopefully Calgary to Williams lake then hwy 20 (not sure of the conditon of this hwy) to Bella Coola. Ferry to Prince Rupert then to Prince George back to Williams Lake and Calgary. Not quite sure if it will work but hoping it will.

DSCI0196 [].JPG

DSCI0210 [].JPG

Top Bottom