Good old Saskatchewan and vintage sleds

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When meeting new people from Saskatchewan, I always use the words "a lot of good people come from Saskatchewan". Some people get it and some don't. The folks of the "old country" are a resilient, vigorous, independent type of people who embrace the throws of harsh winters. Here is a good read regarding vintage sleds.....

vintage-snowmobile-racing

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome to SEE, be cool to go there and watch one weekend. Got love those old sleds lots of fun and brings back memories of the good old days !:cool:

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on down. there will be a vintage drag race on march 7th at the Prince Albert airport. They're expecting 150 sleds. Tons of different classes of racing. If things turn out right I'll be on a stock Yamaha 440 srx. Should be a blast.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a harsh winter in Saskatchewan. These mild ones are killing me. In 2013 I put 1000 miles on at home. This year 5. Spent my childhood feeding cows square bales behind a JD 300 12 bales a load.
Imagine if the round baler was never invented. Be some pretty tough boys wandering the school halls again. A handshake meant and felt like something.

gopherchoker

Reaction score
I was probably stronger at 15 than I am at 31. Need to throw some squares again. But lifting three 1700lb rounds with the payloader is sure nice. Used to be able to get the ol 300 stuck on the side of a dugout bank and throw it to the top

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started out on my brothers 73 Moto Ski. Was never in the house except to eat, then back outside to feed the cows and put on another 10 miles in the dark.

Top Bottom