Good luck Harper!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the alternative is to keep spending but not increasing GDP until we are broke??

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OR ,we could do just what our buddy down south does : "Raise the debt ceiling" That way ,when we can`t pay for anything, including the interest we allready owe, we just borrow more !!!!!!!!, How`s that workin for the US.........????
We are bloody lucky to have some one like Harper, or we would be broke like a lot of the other countries with substandard leaders..........
Tell me of a leader / country who has steered the ship better than Harper in these tough times..............

Last edited:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong I know we need to do something about it but when I say good luck I mean he will have a tough time getting that passed. But I still maintain the baby boomers will be the ones who have benefited leaving the next generations to pay for it. So many examples of that!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To me it looks more like Harper is serving "notice" to the US (specifically Obama) that fine you don`t want to work with us ,that`s cool. Just remember we offered you the chance and you brushed us off to get re -elected. We are sick and tired of your radical greenie groups sending funds up here to appose our energy policies.
When ,you need water the same rules will apply . We will now sell and do business with the highest bidder,thus the new agreements with China and the EU.You had your chance to work together and rejected it...........

You had better hope the middle east keeps them ships rolling,because you might not get a lot of energy supply from Canada in the near future....................

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I have no loyalty to one party or another at this time as they all have their faults and different fiascos. The success Canada has been enjoying or avoidance of economic collapse cannot be all credited to Harper though. Canada's laws are different and has shown to be effective in areas such as banking. The demand on Canada's resources has worked in his favour out west but things are not fairing so well out east. Anyway, we like to think we have control over our resources and who gets them, but don't kid yourself the American's call the shots more than we want to admit to. I dont like it but that is the fact.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It`s always the easy way out to say they are all crap(politicians),however some one HAS to be in charge............HAD we had a iggy & (God forbid )"jack" partnership,then you would of seen what damage CLUELESS people can really do............. Both of them were screaming for huge stimulus spending,just like down south. Again ,how did that work for them ?
Sorry but i grew up in BC, and i have witnessed first hand what a NDP government is capable of..........lol.
Let`s face it ,you have the same or better resources in BC as Alberta. That being said,if i am a large company where am i going to spend my billions to build and employ people ?? In a stable pro business environment like Alberta, or in a province where a government , who can only get elected off a bunch of anti business greenies living on the Island and lower mainland dictate what is allowable. Sorry no one risks billions of dollars as to whether 18 tree huggers from Saltspring Island can shut them down....................................

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I 100% agree with you on the NDP and would be a frosty day in hell before they get my vote. As for Iggy, he was a lame duck and no back bone. On the other hand Martin was well capable of doing a good job. His downfall was Chretien. Anyway, in no way my comment was an easy way out. The problem with politicians is that when they are the official opposition party they "claim" they will do this and that when they are in power and slam the party in power at the time. But low and behold when they come into power they do exactly what the other party was "guilty" of. Look at the Senator situation where as Harper strongly criticized the Libs for stacking the deck. Guess what........Harper has done the exact same thing. Libs had the sponsorship scandal under Chretien, guess what....... Harper has G8/20 summit expenses and fund allocation to his minister's riding not even near the location. So I see a pattern that regardless who is in power they are guilty of one thing or another and cannot be trusted. Unfortunately we need a captain to steer the ship but I dont have to like the direction he is taking us.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who our PM is in Canada, you have to save save save....freedom 55 is BS anyway!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I have no loyalty to one party or another at this time as they all have their faults and different fiascos. The success Canada has been enjoying or avoidance of economic collapse cannot be all credited to Harper though. Canada's laws are different and has shown to be effective in areas such as banking. The demand on Canada's resources has worked in his favour out west but things are not fairing so well out east. Anyway, we like to think we have control over our resources and who gets them, but don't kid yourself the American's call the shots more than we want to admit to. I dont like it but that is the fact.

UMMM, NO. Harper shouldn't take credit for anything. The policies have been in place sense the Trodue gov't. I am a supporter of Harper don't get me wrong, however he has done a excellent job of riding out the good times. He was lucky that during a world wide economic melt down Canada was able to move through it with little harm. To give Harper credit for it is wrong. The credit should be given to the people of this country for banding together and who kept moving forward. If Harper jad any marbels at all he would say NO to those who want our resources. Why is it we have the oil, the tree's, the minerals and the water but yet have to pay the highest price for any of it. Someone needs to stand up and say no more unless your willing to pay.I say shut the taps off until we are paying next to nothing for our gas and lumber. Why should we have to pay more for gold that was mined and manufactured here then gold that comes from over seas?
Stop GIVING our resources away and start making OTHERS pay for it.
Don't get me wrong my lively hood and many others rely on these markets but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to work so hard for others and could consintrate on working for ourselves?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence, but cheap gas won`t mean much if no one has a job.............................

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This changing of the pension plan is nothing new. We all knew this was coming some day. It was talked about years ago. The only reason it has not come yet is because the Liebrils kept putting it off because they did not want to be the bad guys when the day finally come.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He didn't say "Canada Pension Plan", he said Canada's pension "system". I suspect he won't touch CPP...maybe some changes to OAS/GIS. I think the civil service is going to find themselves paying for their own pension plan though......you know, kinda like the rest of us do! I'm gettin' more than a little tired of paying for mine AND theirs! :realmad:

Top Bottom