Good hotels within walking distance of wested mall?

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone could recomend some good hotels close to west ed mall. I've stayed at the fantasy land a few times and it's pretty pricey for what you get. I hate driving and parking my pickup in the city so I was hoping someone could recomend a good hotel within walking distance with a couple small children to the mall. Thanks!

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good hotels close to west ed mall. I've stayed at the fantasy land a few times and it's pretty pricey for what you get. I hate driving and parking my pickup in the city so I was hoping someone could recommend a good hotel within walking distance with a couple small children to the mall. Thanks!

DO NOT STAY AT THE ONE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE MALL. We stayed there for company thing over new years. yikes lets just say I felt scared the entire time, not for me but for my wife. There was "Report mugging or violence signs to police immediately" all over the damn place. Some drunk couple arguing just about physically in the entry way and the hotel staff didn't do $h! till i told them they might be having a domestic violence case going down, waited till cops showed up to make sure dude didn't slug her.

Maybe just really bad at new years, but the room was ch!t and dirty, toilet leaked tvs ahd no remotes. Im a rig hand and Ive stayed in some dives, but this is supposed to be a good hotel.

I think it is called, west Edmonton inn? not sure though

Last edited by a moderator:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like was mentioned above, there are some nice ones up on Stony Plain Rd, and fairly new ones ( within the past few monthes) on 100 Ave ( just South of Stony Plain Rd). It would be about a 5 - 10 minute cab ride ( depending on the time/day you go to the mall). You would probably get enough walking once you get to the mall, especially with younger kids. I would go for those ones, they would be the best bang for your buck. :beer: :)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save some money and stay along SP rd or 100 NW, it's only about a 5min drive to WE from there depending on traffic. If you have a smaller height vehicle, I recommend parking up top by T&T supermarket

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Just booked in at the fantasyland! It is a little overpriced but with the little ones I'm sure it will be worth the extra expense. There giving 4 waterpark passes and a gift card to the mall, so it really is not that much more expensive.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Just booked in at the fantasyland! It is a little overpriced but with the little ones I'm sure it will be worth the extra expense. There giving 4 waterpark passes and a gift card to the mall, so it really is not that much more expensive.

Ya, we wanted to do that this year, but other things came up.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good choice with the little one's, park your own vehicle don't use the valet. Park on the upper level from the hotel entrance there is usually no space down below.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The inlaws are taking the kids for a night anyone have any suggestions on a good restaurant to take my wife for a nice dinner in the area?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The inlaws are taking the kids for a night anyone have any suggestions on a good restaurant to take my wife for a nice dinner in the area?

There's a Keg just North of the mall. Or you can hit just about anything that's down bourbon street in the Mall. I would suggest maybe take a stroll and make a reservation would be a good idea and if your wife doesn't mind there is a Hooters on bourbon street as well :eek:

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we stayed at the hampton inn and suites last time i was up, and it was great. hot breakfast included. short drive from the mall.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL :d My girls love the food at Hooters. The Keg, Sawmill, Red Lobster, Chops (in the Sandman Hotel), are just some we frequent when we're there :beer:

Chop use to be good when it opened but it's went down hill, would not reccomend it. But the others you said are all good, olive garden to. Outback is right across from the mall to, but again it's not very good anymore. There is so many places within a 5 minute drive of the mall though. Living 5 minutes from the mall you get to know the restaurants :d

And good choice staying in the mall, no decent hotels in walking distance at all.

Top Bottom