Good HONEST auto body shops in GP?

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to have the cab of my truck re-done in the next month or two before winter. One rocker panel is rotten in one spot, and the other one is starting, I fear one more Alberta winter and there will be nothing left to work with, so it needs to be taken care of! Its got a few dents as well, nothing too serious. Anyways does anyone know any good body shops to suggest? Decent rates and quality work? Nothing is more of a pizz off when you get a bill $500 higher than the quote. Preferably in or near Grande Prairie. Thank you.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to have the cab of my truck re-done in the next month or two before winter. One rocker panel is rotten in one spot, and the other one is starting, I fear one more Alberta winter and there will be nothing left to work with, so it needs to be taken care of! Its got a few dents as well, nothing too serious. Anyways does anyone know any good body shops to suggest? Decent rates and quality work? Nothing is more of a pizz off when you get a bill $500 higher than the quote. Preferably in or near Grande Prairie. Thank you.

Highly unlikely anything in GP is going to fit the bill for you, might want to start looking around in smaller communities in not so busy alberta/sask. Depending on what you are looking for kijji may be an option as well, I am thinking a cash on the side deal is going to be the answer here.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Don't wanna be negative nancy Joey , but for the work you want done your looking at few thousand dollars ,

If your creative you can rivit some similar gauge steel over the holes and try to bandaid it that way. Otherwise be prepared for a large bill

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't wanna be negative nancy Joey , but for the work you want done your looking at few thousand dollars ,

If your creative you can rivit some similar gauge steel over the holes and try to bandaid it that way. Otherwise be prepared for a large bill

So it can rot away again in 8 months? No thanks haha I am willing to spend more to have my truck last. I looked at new trucks and for something similar but newer its like 60 G's....so if I put a couple grand into it I am still a LOT cheaper than buying something newer

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
medler knows more about autobody, than maxwell knows about doo......

He was just offering you some other options.

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
medler knows more about autobody, than maxwell knows about doo......

He was just offering you some other options.

I know, and I appreciate that :) Didn't mean to come off douchy, but I just want it done right, I want it to last

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know, and I appreciate that :) Didn't mean to come off douchy, but I just want it done right, I want it to last

I can understand that I am the same way, however you have to factor in the lifespan of the truck and current value vs just running it...The thought of this is my forever truck is crazy in this climate and road conditions it simply does not exist. Just estimating here but by looking at your profile pic the truck is worth 3-4k max. PM medler ask him what you can do to preserve it as much as possible and roll with it....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't waste your money. That year Dodge is just going to rust again. Trust me, I've got one. Been there, done that. It's just a poor body design. Traps water and salt everywhere. Love my Cummins! Too bad it's got a Dodge wrapped around it.

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can understand that I am the same way, however you have to factor in the lifespan of the truck and current value vs just running it...The thought of this is my forever truck is crazy in this climate and road conditions it simply does not exist. Just estimating here but by looking at your profile pic the truck is worth 3-4k max. PM medler ask him what you can do to preserve it as much as possible and roll with it....

Thats what I would ask if I was to sell it, lifespan with a Cummins (the motor) is indefinite lol of the truck though, thats a different story. The truck will fall to pieces and the motor just wont quit. what my dad did a month ago was bought a mint 97 gasser with a hurting V10 and did a swap, now he is good for a very long time. These trucks are worth saving, thats for sure

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree great engine for a swap.. Truck is toast is that in your budget?

Not at the moment, but if I can get 1 year or two out of it than I will have time to get everything organized for a swap. Who makes a solid truck, well built, and long lasting? My engine, trans, and axles are great, its the manual trans so its pretty much bullet proof. But everything seems to rust out so quickly

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not at the moment, but if I can get 1 year or two out of it than I will have time to get everything organized for a swap. Who makes a solid truck, well built, and long lasting? My engine, trans, and axles are great, its the manual trans so its pretty much bullet proof. But everything seems to rust out so quickly

The common theme is superduty 99-04, going to cost you lots research it and you will find it's not worth it.

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JOEY'S FIXED TRUCK 1.jpg jOEY'S TRUCK - DIESEL PUMP.jpg

Here is it's present condition

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
POR 15 or similar top to bottom, first is stop rust then beautify if you can

I have a mint fender, came off the same truck as my green hood did (From when my dad did his swap) so the fender rust in the second pic isn't an issue, and I think I might cut out the rocker and weld a new one in from Napa

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy the rockers from cross canada, weld em in and get Sonny Forsythe (in Keith's Quonset on the correction line/costco connector) to toss a coat of paint on it, will look ok at 20km/h or 20 ft.

Top Bottom