Gonna climb some chutes

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com

this chute has 4 exits at the top.. found 20 never before climbed chutes up the Norns, BUT most have been done, still 5 left... Also the face of Ladybird has finally been climbed on a CAT, only a beat up 944 union bay powered Mountain Max ever climbed it... The Twisted Turbo M800 Krazy Sled 2 gotter done in some deep conditions at the top.

very small teaser up at

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I speak for the majority of S&Mer's here; we love what you do but please play safe out there.

We do not need another incident....

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you rock Dan!!! play safe, as safe as you can climbing crazy a$$ hills!!! can't wait for the new dvd, cheers!

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head tramma, adrenaline junkie, it's all good... It's sooo much fun... The Rush is wicked... I still got a couple good years left, need to climb these chutes before I loose the nerve... Snows really good this yr, little drifting, smaller cornices than normal.. Avi danger has been really safe in the Kootenays since Jan... Big dump happening today tomorrow, might be scetchy for a couple weeks, but it may move quickly and get safe by next weekend too... Time will tell... Krazy Canadian Adventures 3 " Leave your sanity at home!!" 2 B released July 2010, on Blu Ray too... It'll raise the bar 1 more time...

Cant wait for Krazy3! Id love to watch one day but I could never pull off what you do! lol Keep the rocking vids coming and stay safe!

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Mar2010058.jpg

spent an hour fixing the exit , it'll get done this weekend..

Mar2010060.jpg

looking up it

Mar2010002.jpg

to the right behind, Brian, Amy and Justin.

Mar2010079.jpg

The double D chute

Mar2010080.jpg

the Roy lake Y chute,, 2 ways out of this bad boy

Mar2010007.jpg

Removed 7 cornices this week. here's the nastiest one.

Mar2010006-1.jpg

First climbed in TS6 by myself and Stanger, There's 4 ways out of the top, you can see the left 2 exits, Doug and Justin did the easier of the left 2 exits. not sure if anyone wants the hard left exit...

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
This Friday and Saturday near Castlegar, probably Mountain Mod Invitational April 10 or 17 with chopper, already had an amazing chopper day last Saturday, hoping to pull of 2 more by the end of May.. I'll keep you all posted...

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
Those are some knarly chutes! I see a couple I would try. I just need a wide spot to turn it out cause there ain't no way my stock M7 is going out the top:p

Red Mtn Riders

Reaction score
This is one of our spring rides every year. We have definately hit it, nobody can ride out though, not enough power. I look at some of these and ask myself if I REALLY want that turbo sled:beer:

Attachments

• 021 (600 x 450).jpg
    021 (600 x 450).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 915

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Those are some knarly chutes! I see a couple I would try. I just need a wide spot to turn it out cause there ain't no way my stock M7 is going out the top:p

a stock M700 wouldn't get half way up actually, pictures are very deceaving.. Justin tried one chute last weekend, with his M1000 turboed sled 162 inch track and only made it half way up and had to get choppered out, most of these chutes are a one way trip, no coming back down from 1/3 or 1/2 way up.... too steep and twisted to come back down and miss all the narley stuff...

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Jessie on the Yamaha had some amazing lines today, but the snow was falling off and on and vis was bad. tomorrow we go off!!!!!!!

Mar2010018.jpg

climbed this chute with my chains on,,, on my skiis!!!!!!!! almost wrecked, not good...

Mar2010020.jpg

Rick Barker goes huge off the top of this chute

Mar2010023.jpg

Phil with Highland Helicopters was amazing as usual, plucking Dougs sled and Justins sled off the walls with the strong wind coming off the top was scary...

Mar2010027.jpg

Justin getting his M1000 turbo plucked out of the Double D chute

climbed the double D chute twice, ( both exits,,) M800 Twisted turbo, with RK Teck head, slydog skiis, Timbersled front and rear suspension, Iceage rails, 174 inch track from Recreation supply co, in Saskatoon.. Ratsled tunnel extention and wheels, Mountian Mod seat, ModRod snow eliminators and side vents, MoFlow hood vents, graphics from HTR.. Sled was built by Justin, Grant and Art with Mainjet motorsports... 13 lbs boost,, sled runs awesome and is climbing everything I point at...

Mar2010040.jpg

Double D chute

Mar2010054.jpg

Mar2010043.jpg

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, out of curiosity why dont you build a m1000 turbo sled with a 50-50 mix? i see all you sleds so far have been m8 version.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan.....what is Phil's last name if you dont mind me asking? I know a Phil that flys for Highland.....

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures to come, but here's the story... I've climbed between 10000 and 17000 vertical feet up some never before climbed chutes... in 6 days... total over 25000 vert. climbed with the chopper and the cameras... blue skys and excellent snow... The Krazy jumpers have free fallen an easy 1000 vert feet... the most epic week of filming in my life. and we still have 3 days left...

Is there a guineas world record for the most vertical elevation climbed on a sled?
A trip to Everest in the future maybe... Dan you definitely would be a good candidate for setting that kind of record.

nosmoke

Reaction score
gods speed and turbo power dan. if anybody can tame them shoots it would have to be the man they call krasy. Can't wait to see the vid.

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Smasher is an amazing rider, his crappy Polaris though !!!! always held him up,,, sorry smasher gotta tell it the way it is... lol... He needed a longer track, the power his sled was pushing was enough... You rock smasher and the footage we got of you last week was epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yesterday was day 9, straight days of riding and filming here in the Norns, ALL the Norns Range... and on the 9th day only 5 amazing climbs, combined over 5000 vert feet... probably closer to 6000 vert feet total... Laird first ascent, Josh first ascent, Jessie climbed the" Jessie's Girl " chute.. ANy guess why we call the chute Jessie's Girl.. lol... I tell you tomorrow... was another awesome day of filming.. I'm so far ahead of last years pace... KCA3 'Leave Your Sanity at Home" will be Dan Gardiner's and Myself's best work to date...Hoping for an early July release..

The new area in the Norns, called the "Fun Zone" has over 20 first ascents, still 7 left to be claimed. Ladybird only 15 min away has another 20 amazing climbs, but only 2 haven't been climbed and Russel Lake another 30 min away has another 10 to 15 Krazy climbs but only 1 would be a first ascent... more pictures later.

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Dan, out of curiosity why dont you build a m1000 turbo sled with a 50-50 mix? i see all you sleds so far have been m8 version.

I like the light weight of the M800, rides way softer and has less contole issues... M1000 has TOO MUCH power hard to finesse in these nasty chutes.. Kinda like the Yamaha 4 stokes, lots of power but hard to tame... I don't like climbing chutes in 3 feet fresh.. thats when big avi's could happen, thats why I'm still here after 15 yrs of doing this stuff..

Top Bottom