Golden Dec 8,9,10th for avalanche day 2 training? and ride?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to take an avalanche course this year but its tough with my schedule. The only local one that works for me is the one at Alberta Beach.

I was wondering if anyone else is attending or is interested in attending this one:

What: Alberta Beach, AB - Classroom Day AST1
When: Sat Nov 24 - Sat Nov 24
Where: Ecko Marine, 4200 – 47th Street, Alberta Beach, AB
DescriptionTo Register: steven@eckomarine.com or call 1-888-754-3661
AST Level 1 - Avalanche Skills Training (formerly RAC )
– Canadian Avalanche Association Course Curriculum

Follow this link to course information and to register: scroll down to Alberta Beach

Registration begins: 8:30am
Class: 9:00am - 5:30pm

Not sure on cost yet but will post it shortly.

Now for the fun part. We need to do one day in the mountains. The only one that works for me is the Dec 8,9,10th weekend. Its only a one day course so it would be a great time to throw in a couple other days of snowmobiling.

This would be in Golden and i am looking for someone to share a hotel room/travel together to cut down on costs.

What: Golden, BC - Field Day AST1
When: Sat Dec 8 - Sat Dec 8 (Daily, until Mon Dec 10)
Where: Quartz Creek, Golden, BC
Choose ONE of these Field Days to complete the AST1 16hr training program.
Class: 8:30am - 5:30pm

Follow this link to course information and to register:

If your interested let me know.

Thanks

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Re: Golden Dec 8,9,10th for avalanche day 2 training?

Thanks for starting this thread Lococoin.

For a complete AST1 16hr course a person needs to complete 8hrs of classroom and one field day.
Alberta Beach is one option for the classroom.
Other classroom sessions include: Leduc, Innisfail, Calgary, Alberta Beach, Regina, Saskatoon.

Other field sessions are available in: Golden, Valemount, and the Crowsnest Pass. These run from December - February.

For full details go to
and scroll down to view all the options.

So......if someone would like to join Lococoin in Golden in December....just attend whichever classroom session is most convenient.

The Ramada is our 'host' hotel in Golden. We have discounted rates for our group. (For details, check out our website).
As well, we have booked their meeting room for Saturday night to act as a common area. We can BYOB, movies & food. Should be good for a few stories.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will be riding in golden on Dec 9th and 10th with the wife, always good to ride with a few others,
p.s the wife can keep up pretty good and will try most terrain
let me know if anyone wants to hook up

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Missed by one week,I'm doing my field training on Dec 14th and so far I'm heading down myself.Plan on riding the 15th,will hopefully hook up with another group!
catmando!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lococoin are you still going on dec 8 9 10 would like to go share expence 1 truck 1 room do you know the cost for the full course get back to me need to ride that weekend wifes(chubbybunny) christmas party her boss total a-h also birthday on the 8th what better way to spend it

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lococoin are you still going on dec 8 9 10 would like to go share expence 1 truck 1 room do you know the cost for the full course get back to me need to ride that weekend wifes(chubbybunny) christmas party her boss total a-h also birthday on the 8th what better way to spend it

Hi papajake,

I am already travelling/sharing a hotel with chinook75 for that weekend. we are taking the avalanche classroom part on nov. 24 at alberta beach through ecko cycle. Price was 250 per person.

pm me if you need anymore info.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished up day two of the sledding trip. Tomorrow is the avalanche field training course so the hill climbs are over for this trip.

It was an interesting trip, I managed to break/wreck a few things in the two days but no injuries. Items on the broken list are as follows: shredded belt, melted a spot on my brand new Klim jacket, rolled the sled on the hill which mowed me over and face planted me into the snow breaking my new Klim helmet visor, at the same time my new windshield broke.

Here's a couple of pictures of myself and Chinook75.

Attachments

• IMG_0226 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0226 [800x600].JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMGP1508 [800x600].JPG
    IMGP1508 [800x600].JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMGP1524 [800x600].JPG
    IMGP1524 [800x600].JPG
    107 KB · Views: 100
  • IMGP1541 [800x600].JPG
    IMGP1541 [800x600].JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 91

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve,way to early to be breakin stuff LOL! Sounds like you guys had a blast,Fill us in on the Hill side of the course,Taking it next Friday,What did you think?
catmando!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The avalanche course was good. I desperately needed some beacon training and now feel pretty good with it. Learned lots about different snow layers as well.

4extreme, no new sleds for me, im not rich like you!!

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Golden this weekend as well. Took the field training on the 10th. Definitely good information and helpful to have some "in the snow" beacon practice.

We were parked in the high parking lot away from the hut at Quartz. Guy parked right behind us had both windows on one side smashed out and stuff ripped off. His was the only one hit. Not sure if the culprits were interrupted or what. Make sure that there is nothing of value left in your truck. Sounds like something like this happened a few weeks ago as well.

Top Bottom