golden dec 16-18

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow is a little skinny, 1 meter to 1.5 in the valleys, less on the slopes, creeks are open, stumps and rocks all over, a foot of fresh. pounded pretty hard, seen a little carnage, new cat turbo 0 rock 1. roads the shitzs, parking lots crap and parkee's need a boot to the keester, as in there may be more than you wanting to turn around or park. sasatchewan boys, like there summer slick tires, not much good in snow, suggest chains or no go.

heard relstoke may be worse. hope for more snow only not all at once.

oh as to beacons, saw a few high priced units that were next to useless without practice and the ortovox +3 i'd be staying a long way away from as in get your money back.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new snow for sure just not all at once.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its about time he passed the special ed class .......... he's 70 u know...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're saying "a little here, a little there?" or "a little today and a little tomorrow and a little the next day"......:xmas2004_15:

So you are finally a certified AST1 dude now......nice!

not once twice, i'm special. just ask tex, he knows hehe

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow is a little skinny, 1 meter to 1.5 in the valleys, less on the slopes, creeks are open, stumps and rocks all over, a foot of fresh. pounded pretty hard, seen a little carnage, new cat turbo 0 rock 1. roads the shitzs, parking lots crap and parkee's need a boot to the keester, as in there may be more than you wanting to turn around or park. sasatchewan boys, like there summer slick tires, not much good in snow, suggest chains or no go.

heard relstoke may be worse. hope for more snow only not all at once.
oh as to beacons, saw a few high priced units that were next to useless without practice and the ortovox +3 i'd be staying a long way away from as in get your money back.

so what beacons were you not impressed with,,,,

I just picked up the new mammut barryvox element as I lost my barryvox pulse and I liked how it functioned,,, I passed on the new Arva link even know it was a better deal threw my buddy,, just too bulky and garbage case

where's your vote go?
new Element only $350 tax in

so you dont think tomorrow be too fun???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what beacons were you not impressed with,,,,

I just picked up the new mammut barryvox element as I lost my barryvox pulse and I liked how it functioned,,, I passed on the new Arva link even know it was a better deal threw my buddy,, just too bulky and garbage case

where's your vote go?
new Element only $350 tax in

so you dont think tomorrow be too fun???

i like the barryvox, works well, a few had the ortrovox 3, had lots of trouble when trying to cancel out a marked beacon and could not find the second 10 meters away. the bca 11 seemed to work ok. i think more practice was needed.

so how you like the element, looking at that too. seems real easy to use. less adjusting than the pulse. looks like it works the same. i am looking at these 2 for sure.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the barryvox, works well, a few had the ortrovox 3, had lots of trouble when trying to cancel out a marked beacon and could not find the second 10 meters away. the bca 11 seemed to work ok. i think more practice was needed.

so how you like the element, looking at that too. seems real easy to use. less adjusting than the pulse. looks like it works the same. i am looking at these 2 for sure.

it is the same but with only one button and the arrow has 9 positions instead of a floating arrow on the pulse,, as well the pulse will point backwards when locating and the element will will show you a U turn signal if locating in the wrong direction,, this feature is better then most beacons as most just show a distance and no direction when going wrong way,, the Element will be less confusing on multiple searchs as the element will send you to the closest person and the pulse will show all and you chose, wich could be hairy for most in a high stress situation, the closest burail is not always the easist so for experianced users this is a good feature but for most simple is better.
pulse worked great so I assume this will work at its equal if not better as it has updated software and its the same size and has the hard case. I smashed my old barryvox (not the pulse)of my bars and chest and the screen broke not with these,,, and they fit great and are almost the smallest lightest beacon around (most are close),, that Arva Link is the same beacon but bigger and bulky case,, same price I just didnt like the size even though I could get one at cost I bought the Element for its size and I was happy with my pulse I lost lol

got mine for $350 tax in here in cow town,, I wil be play n with it tomorow

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
p.s. I wrote my name and number on my new one,, so If I leave it behind pls someone call me lol

my pulse is sitting at quartz lot kinda behind the shack 2 spots so to speak,, happy hunting only 7 months old I assumed its plowed into the back so have to wait until spring now lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i did notice the pulse would still show the arrow straight ahead and the distance was increasing(nice catch). like the element for simplicity, when it may count. seen to many guys keep walking with the distance increasing.

kudos jt.

Top Bottom