golden accomadations.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do you recommend staying

RAMADA INN --has security cameras around the building, parking lot will accomadte large trailers. has sledder rates $79 for a double room. has a pool breakfast. small hike to eating, gas close by.

GOLDEN RIM --no security that i know of. large parking lot will accomadate large trailers. has sledder rates $69 for a double. has a pool and hot tub a resturant in the building and bar. out side of town, have to drive to town. has sled rentals on site.

BEST WESTERN --- no security? close to a few resturants and gas, can accomadate a large trailer. large rooms, breakfast , pool.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We usually stay at the golden rim, and park in the back.
There's also the sportsman lodge. Can't remember what the rates were, but it was very reasonable.

sent from a phone

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do you recommend staying

RAMADA INN --has security cameras around the building, parking lot will accomadte large trailers. has sledder rates $79 for a double room. has a pool breakfast. small hike to eating, gas close by.

GOLDEN RIM --no security that i know of. large parking lot will accomadate large trailers. has sledder rates $69 for a double. has a pool and hot tub a resturant in the building and bar. out side of town, have to drive to town. has sled rentals on site.

BEST WESTERN --- no security? close to a few resturants and gas, can accomadate a large trailer. large rooms, breakfast , pool.

I like the Golden Rim:
-Parking in back
-Accommodate larger trailers
-Upper & Lower rooms
-Great lounge, good food, Highly recommend the "Table Saw" Hamburger, plus they have a huge selection of Sledding Dvd played on big screen while you eat & Drink
-Indoor pool & Hot Tub
-Sledder rates
- Improved highway out front, not so much a death turn into hotel now
- Rental shop on site, right next door, good for parts if your a Doo head
-Best of all they support the local club

Haven't stayed anywhere but while in Golden....if I had to rate it, I'd say 7/10 for sledder accommodations, cuz let's face it, I'm sledding longer than I'm sleeping while outta town;) Can anyone elaborate if there are big screens in the rooms yet, I had heard rumor that they have renovated the Rim....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the amount of motels in Golden on and off the strip you shouldn't have a tough time finding a place to rest your head Larry. I also have heard great things about the Golden Rim.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just putting it up there, like to see what others have tried and recommend, also security is a top priority.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the Golden Rim:
-Parking in back
-Accommodate larger trailers
-Upper & Lower rooms
-Great lounge, good food, Highly recommend the "Table Saw" Hamburger, plus they have a huge selection of Sledding Dvd played on big screen while you eat & Drink
-Indoor pool & Hot Tub
-Sledder rates
- Improved highway out front, not so much a death turn into hotel now
- Rental shop on site, right next door, good for parts if your a Doo head
-Best of all they support the local club

Haven't stayed anywhere but while in Golden....if I had to rate it, I'd say 7/10 for sledder accommodations, cuz let's face it, I'm sledding longer than I'm sleeping while outta town;) Can anyone elaborate if there are big screens in the rooms yet, I had heard rumor that they have renovated the Rim....

New tv's in all the rooms is correct. Mattresses on the other hand......

sent from a phone

WeDIGsledders

Reaction score
Hey Big Dick

The Days Inn Golden (formerly the Golden Rim) now has LG 37" LCD HD flat screens in all guest rooms. All guest rooms likewise have new pillow top mattresses. Answering to Days Inn Canada 31 of the 81 guest rooms were fully renovated last spring; an additional 12 rooms will likewise be renovated this spring. Blessed that we haven't had to use them, we do have cameras on our parking area. And yes contrary to some comments, we continue to support the club.

Don't know if you are from Calgary but there used to be a restaurant in Calgary called Big Dick's; it was owned by Bob Whitworth who now owns Simple Simon Pies at the Farmer's Market.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do we get cash no recipt sledders rates again ??

And 4 bucks more for a table saw burger from last spring to this summer ??

Me and the family purposely stoped on our way through so I could get one.

Let's just say I have been to golden 3 weekends this year and every stay has been either b.w or sportsman.

Not a happy camper

from my HTC

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do we get cash no recipt sledders rates again ??

And 4 bucks more for a table saw burger from last spring to this summer ??

Me and the family purposely stoped on our way through so I could get one.

Let's just say I have been to golden 3 weekends this year and every stay has been either b.w or sportsman.

Not a happy camper

from my HTC

Sportsman Blows! Chick at front desk didn't know her own name! Toilets are sized for little people! Service sucked, pool is detached from suites! Best thing was cheap drinks at Shitty's! Sportsman needs a revamp if they want my business again!

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sportsman Blows! Chick at front desk didn't know her own name! Toilets are sized for little people! Service sucked, pool is detached from suites! Best thing was cheap drinks at Shitty's! Sportsman needs a revamp if they want my business again!

don't recall you paying for anything anyway big dick!!! what service sucked? maybe ya need to get a smaller azz that would fit the potty! my only complaint would be small rooms but they are close to the same size as the rim. and as i recall the tub at the rim you have to go outside also. so in otherwords what are u complaining about.

and besides i thought you where going out to ranger this am. looks like yer BS'n again.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with 2 to a room, rooms were ok, 3 is a problem have done the best western lately, way bigger rooms, easily put 2 cots in the room, price is very good , mention sledder rates! may be too pricy for big dick though hehe. poor security last time we were there though.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always stayed at the ramada inn in golden had good luck there decent rates and pretty sure they just finished a renovation as well.
And they have a decent free continental breakfast

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinkin big dick likes to stay in the ford hotel?
icon10.gif

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the other weekend b.w was 140 a nite. Way too much.

Mabe stupid 8 next time.

from my HTC

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't recall you paying for anything anyway big dick!!! What service sucked? Maybe ya need to get a smaller azz that would fit the potty! My only complaint would be small rooms but they are close to the same size as the rim. And as i recall the tub at the rim you have to go outside also. So in otherwords what are u complaining about.

And besides i thought you where going out to ranger this am. Looks like yer bs'n again.

i do whatever i want, cuz i'm a big dick!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pricey!!!

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless they have changed prices we usually get a 3 bed exta large room for $95.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't book the rooms.

But when we paid I'm sure u could tell that we are not plankers.

from my HTC

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty much hae to ask everywhere ya go. otherwise it's full tilt.

Top Bottom