Gold Finger Left Throttle for Arctic Cats

Marmot MB

Reaction score
Echo Cycle on 118 Ave, Edmonton has the Gold Finger left hand throttles on the sale table. best price I have seen yet.

I decided to buy one, nice easy install, be cautious of cable tension set up, make sure you notice and use the 2007 and up upgrade bracket and bushings. Ooops.

Found it just so terribly awkward on occasion having to reach way over to the right side to activate throttle. Kept saying to myself, gotta get a left throttle, simple way to make control so much better.

Looking forward to getting out to try it out soon.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be without one BUT....I'd never use it without a tether, and I'd never set it up so you can get full throttle with it. I use mine quite a bit.

Marmot MB

Reaction score
Can I ask why you did not like ?

I would have to think those odd times that the bars are cranked full left and you need to lean full left, it has to be better than being a contortionist to use the right throttle. or just being able to use the mountain bar with the right hand on occasion ?

Certainly not a use all the time thing, but I would think convenient at times ?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hated my left hand throttle. The clamp on the bars rubbed against my thumb and was constantly bleeding. For the very few times i used it, I took it off.

Sent from my iPhone

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen far too many people have issues with them sticking than I have seen people need them. As Moyie said, if you have one make damn sure you wear a tether and make sure the cable is loose and has lots of slack.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the pin in it when going slow on tight trail in trees, way to easy to bump and very expensive and dangerous even with tether. Most people with one have a close call/horror story. Only a couple times in 30 years of mountain riding have I thought it would be handy.

Top Bottom