GOING TO McBRIDE

GRD

Reaction score
Getting a little excited!:specool:

Our crew is heading to McBride! Planning to ride Thursday, Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday (March 22 - 26)...

A few of the crew had to switch up days to accomadate myself (thanks guys).:beerchug:

Hope the conditions are good! I usally ride in Valemount this will be my first time to McBride. Any news on conditions?

Trying to locate on google earth. Where is Renshaw from the townsite?:confused:

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Renshaw

You'll Like Renshaw..... One Of The Biggest Sledding Areas Around. The Turnoff For Renshaw Is On The Way Into Town From The South --- Turn Right Just Before The Bridge Then Left And Follow For About A Block Then Turn Left And Follow That Road For About 10 - 15 Kms To The Staging Area. Should Be Able To Go To Mcbride's Website, And I Think The Maps Are On There..... Take Lots Of Pics.:d

summit.n.e.

Reaction score
finding renshaw

east from town
cross river , take first left follow to stop sign and turn left again go west untill you get to upper parking area

+- 28 km to cabin

guarantee you will like the area :) it is huge.

enjoy

GRD

Reaction score
Google Earth

Are you able to see much of this place on google earth. I will be the passenger, some of our group has been there before.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google McBride

I've never sledded Renshaw, and only have been to Lucille and Bell once, but have (google) scouted the areas. I uploaded an aerial over McBride from Google, but can't seem to upload the google link with waypoints for the area.

Tekim:D

Attachments

• McBride.jpg
    McBride.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 68

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks man. I looked on the McBride website than on google earth and assumed that was where Renshaw was. Looking forward to the ride...

Last edited:

Auger

Reaction score
We were in Mcbride for three days the snow was awesome and the weather was really good for two days and so so for the other day..

Attachments

• DSC00013 (Small).JPG
    DSC00013 (Small).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00014 (Small).JPG
    DSC00014 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00018 (Small).JPG
    DSC00018 (Small).JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00021 (Small).JPG
    DSC00021 (Small).JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 73

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

Just talked to Les, he is the groomer at Mcbride and he said it was raining Sun and today so losing snow quick on the bottom, but still a pile of snow up top. There is a poker ralley this weekend I think and I will get more info Tues. and post so all will know what the agenda will be. I will be going out on Wed. or Thurs. am to unload my first load of household goods and then sled a couple of days. Barry

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GetR'done you will like Renshaw...bring lots of fuel if the weather is nice as you can do over 200KM and not see all of the rideable areas. There are also lots of other areas around town to ride. We're going to be there on Friday or Saturday, haven't quite finallized the daily schedule yet. Best way I can discribe Renshaw is varied terrain for every ability and HUGE. Have never been unable to find untouched snow..ENJOY!!!!

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey GetRdone...Heard it's been snowing on the top for the last few days.Still staging in the parking lot at Renshaw but the ride starts out kinda muddy.Where you staying.We'll be up there on Thursday night.If you see an 02 MountainCat with a skull and crossbones on the windshield,be sure to say hi.

BigDog67

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone. There is a fairly big group of us going. Bigfoot booked us accommodations at Stone Haven Inn in Valemount. We have stayed there before (last year with the other owners) it is great place with lost of room.

I will defiantly say hi if I see. We will be riding the following:

2 - Red 900 RMK's 166
1 - 800 Vertical Escape RMK 151 (silver and yellow)
1 - 800 RMK 151 (silver, blue and red)

Two other guys may be in our group as well:
1 - 800 Summit 151 (blue and black)
1 - 800 Vertical Escape RMK 159 (silver and yellow)

Hey GetRdone...Heard it's been snowing on the top for the last few days.Still staging in the parking lot at Renshaw but the ride starts out kinda muddy.Where you staying.We'll be up there on Thursday night.If you see an 02 MountainCat with a skull and crossbones on the wind***eld,be sure to say hi.

BigDog67

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanko

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any info on where and when the poker rally is, not planning on being a part of it, just want to know what areas to avoid. I was in Valemount last weekend and the conditions were excellent, visibility was bad on both Friday and Saturday but there was a lot of good snow still. I talked to the lady at North Country Lodge last night and she said they had gotten about 6-8 inches of fresh snow in town since Sunday so it sounds like it could be pretty good up top.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe Saturday at Renshaw, you can call Ride N Hide to find out for sure. Rally is just to the cabin so if you go farther back you won't be with the big crowd.

Lanko

Reaction score
Thanks for the info snochuk. Probably going to ride Renshaw Friday and then goto Lucille for half a day on Saturday. I was out last weekend for three days so I'm gonna make this trip short and hopefully sweet, wife may make me sleep on the couch again next week if I'm not home for Sunday.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found some real nice climbing in the second bowl back from the cabin at Lucille last Sunday.:cool: :cool:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading for McBride tonight at 1:30,Dore Thursday, exploring Friday, Renshaw Saturday and Sunday is still an unknown:rolleyes: I don't know about you Lanko but couch time for sledding seems like a fair trade as long as the directions to the couch aren't to loud:nono: :rolling:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Were heading to McBride as well, I wont have my sled as the motor is toast. Im not sure what I will be riding, zx chassis sleds 144 or 141 not sure. I may have the snowandmud trailer so watch for it. Were staying at the Terracana.. We may ride Valemount as well..

RON

Top Bottom