Goggles for low light condidtions

tjrishel

Reaction score
Probably gonna get some clear lenses. Already have some yellows ones for low light but I'm not liking them as much these days. What does everybody else use when it's socked in?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots suggest rose coloured, i didn't find a lot of benefit though.

sleded1

Reaction score
i bought some blue ones for cloudy days, works ok, better than yellow, thats better for sunny stuff.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots suggest rose coloured, i didn't find a lot of benefit though.

x2 on the Red (or Rose as some call them!) I used to run blue all the time until I tried red for a weekend. It does take a a minute or two for your eyes to adjust to the red when you put them on but after that they are the best in my opinion.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the yellow ones for at work when its flat light out, buddy uses the red ones and he says they are awesome as well.....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rose or ornage are best for low light,,,, yellow or clear for nite,,

dont think clear would be very good during daytime low light,,, the tints give you a bit of definition to the snow so it doesnt look all flat,,

try a few everyone is different and the light conditions vary so much,,

I try and buy gogs with the free second lense

malinowski3

Reaction score
i run yellow all the time and they seem to work ok in all conditions when its really bright out there not the greatest or when its night. im looking to buy a blue pair for night my buddy has a pair of blue ones and says he loves them for night riding

KLX140

Reaction score
Orange for super tight trees/low light, chrome for sun, or I just run light sensitive all the time. The change isnt drastic (its like a transition glass), but does the trick for me, plus no switching needed! Pro-Grip makes single and dual light sensitives that work on the same goggle too, so one lense, one goggle, and Im set year round!!!

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On cloudy days with flat light I like blue. But when it's really sunny blue isn't always tinted enough.

ONETON

Reaction score
I use Scott auto-tinting googles from clear in low light to blue in bright light. They work pretty good, got them from Royaldistributing.com !

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Orange for super tight trees/low light, chrome for sun, or I just run light sensitive all the time. The change isnt drastic (its like a transition glass), but does the trick for me, plus no switching needed! Pro-Grip makes single and dual light sensitives that work on the same goggle too, so one lense, one goggle, and Im set year round!!!

Progrips all the way, got a set this year and I dont know how I was riding all that time before with a single colored lens, the light sensitive is pretty awesome

JLARSH

Reaction score
Go with the rose coloured Bolle from Costco. They are wicked for low/flat light and then when it get's sunny it's like fuggin HD! Another bonus is the price 50 bucks!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Oakley high intensity yellow pretty much 90% of the time. Even on sunny days they didn't bother me which yellow usually kills me in the sun. Low light they are great. In dense fog there isn't much out there that will make things a whole lot better. I've tried the blue and rose. I have the Oakley persimmon as a back up lense in my back pack and a set of Crowbar with g30 lense.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the rose coloured Bolle from Costco. They are wicked for low/flat light and then when it get's sunny it's like fuggin HD! Another bonus is the price 50 bucks!

I agree with this guy. I've owned Haber's, Oakleys, yellow, blue and BY FAR the best is the Rose Bolle from Costco. IMO.

Top Bottom