Goggle selection and colours?

Daniel475

Reaction score
Anyone test out some new googles lately they really liked? was curious if anyone has tried the Oakley Inferno's with the heat pack for snowmobiling? looks like a great idea ! also open to any other good googles, going to be upgrading shortly ! aswell what is everyone liking in different conditions for lens selection ! thank you

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always bring at least 2 pairs. Colours depend on conditions. I use amber and grey (smoke or whatever it's called) for brighter days, rose for low visibility in snow or fog. Most of mine are 509s but other quality brands are good too. Make sure they fit your face and helmet. If you like video Zeal of Liquid Image are a good alternative to a Go pro. Wouldn't hurt to make sure replacement lenses are available close to where you live.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

94YJ

Reaction score
I bought a pair of smith chromaPop lenses, Best lens I have had yet work great in the super low light. would also love a pair of the heated Oakley's as well.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got some julbo areospace goggles. They are for splitboarding. The lens pops out 1cm for when your climbing then easily pops in for going down hill.

I wore them fatbiking and as soon as i started getting hot i popped them out and fog gone. Once i cooled down i popped them back in. Figure if these keep from fogging when im climbing snow hills on my bike pedalling these will for sure work sledding in the trees.

IMG_8010.JPG

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got some julbo areospace goggles. They are for splitboarding. The lens pops out 1cm for when your climbing then easily pops in for going down hill.

I wore them fatbiking and as soon as i started getting hot i popped them out and fog gone. Once i cooled down i popped them back in. Figure if these keep from fogging when im climbing snow hills on my bike pedalling these will for sure work sledding in the trees.

View attachment 200727
Those look great. Just watched a video on them. Did you he the zebra light lenses? Where did you find them? On line shows about $250.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zeal Eclipse with the polarized photochromatic lens. First goggle I've tried that doesn't block off my nose breathing.
Lots of ventilation & some may find them colder than they are used to, but I'm normally warm & like the extra air flow.

I was looking at the Some of the automatic lenses from Smith & Oakley last year, but couldn't see any information on polarizing for them. Looked like it was either automatic. or polarized, but not both.

Make sure you test fit the helmet you wear. I know my current goggles don't fit well with my older helmet.

zeal-snow-goggles-zeal-eclipse-snow-goggles-digital-black-polarized-automatic.jpg

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those look great. Just watched a video on them. Did you he the zebra light lenses? Where did you find them? On line shows about $250.

Yup, the zebra lights. I got them from Julbo canada. They were that much..... they had a no charge return policy so if they worked, worth it, if they didnt, was going to return them. Ive spent way more on goggles that fogged and sit in my closet than these.

They do make a non light adjusting pair now called the airflux that are about $100 cheaper but not on the julbo canada site.

Im super pumped on them. Wore them tuesday, was -17 and after some tech singletrack they were starting to fog so i clicked them forward, un fogged and stayed unfogged the whole night. No issue with them forward even and cold coming in, Was even a -28 windchill. Guys wore reg goggles, then took them off once fogged to squint with the wind, tried putting their goggles back on to have frozen foam.... none of these issues for me.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, the zebra lights. I got them from Julbo canada. They were that much..... they had a no charge return policy so if they worked, worth it, if they didnt, was going to return them. Ive spent way more on goggles that fogged and sit in my closet than these.

They do make a non light adjusting pair now called the airflux that are about $100 cheaper but not on the julbo canada site.

Im super pumped on them. Wore them tuesday, was -17 and after some tech singletrack they were starting to fog so i clicked them forward, un fogged and stayed unfogged the whole night. No issue with them forward even and cold coming in, Was even a -28 windchill. Guys wore reg goggles, then took them off once fogged to squint with the wind, tried putting their goggles back on to have frozen foam.... none of these issues for me.
Thanks for the info. They should fit in the sled helmet and if not I could always send them back. Thanks.

Top Bottom