goggle fan

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I put the fan out of my habervisions into my 509's last year. It was the only way I can wear goggles. I fog them up all the time otherwise

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heat up too fast wearing a balaclava when riding up top. I put one on going up/down but once I am playing I take it off. Hence the reason I wonder if this fan will do the trick to eliminate or reduce fogging up.

I have one but have never used it. Picked up Klim's Arctic Balaclava and have not fogged up one single time.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got scott goggles and put the fan in. Don't notice the sound till I shut down. Still fog them up once in awhile. I run hot lol

Flyer

Reaction score
I also have the Scott goggles and fan. I can't hear the fan run when I'm riding. Make sure you go with the quick straps on your goggles too so that you can take them off easily to hear conversations or listen for your friends machines when you stop. I still fog up occasionally, but the fan helps. I wear prescription glasses inside my goggles.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried the 509 fan and it didn't work for me, but it worked for my brother, so I guess it just depends on the person. Sound wasn't annoying until you shut down like mentioned above. I have better luck just running the I/XO goggle.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have a fan in both the goggles I wear. For me, wearing glasses, it was a game changer.
There was one other thing I did the May have been mentioned, I started wearing better gear and letting more air flow when in the mountains. Part of my problems was over dressing and then overheating.

For me and my glasses a fan is the answer.

Let it Snow....Let it Snow......Let it Snow

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a habervision fan but haven't put a battery in it the last couple years. I just pull my goggles off when stopped and make sure to direct my breath down and out of the helmet if I'm breathing hard. Fan did help though.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I ordered the fan and hope it does the trick. I do wear breathable clothing and don't dress too heavy. If we stop for lunch then I can always put another layer on but while riding my head overheats very easily. Fortunately I don't need glasses. Last year my buddy bought my old sled and I took him to Hunters. It was snowing like crazy and he was having trouble seeing due to his glasses. It was so bad I was waiting for him and turned back to look for him. He drove into the ONLY tree standing in a meadow LOL. I thought his glasses were going to be thrown into the snowbank LOL.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I ordered the fan and hope it does the trick. I do wear breathable clothing and don't dress too heavy. If we stop for lunch then I can always put another layer on but while riding my head overheats very easily. Fortunately I don't need glasses. Last year my buddy bought my old sled and I took him to Hunters. It was snowing like crazy and he was having trouble seeing due to his glasses. It was so bad I was waiting for him and turned back to look for him. He drove into the ONLY tree standing in a meadow LOL. I thought his glasses were going to be thrown into the snowbank LOL.
Yeah glasses suuuuuuuck lol. Have transition lenses and run clear lense goggles. Its fun when the transition freezes and won't lighten up as it gets dark.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have haber fans in 3 pair of my goggles. Works not too bad. I just bought a pair of Oakley goggles, I'm going to see if the fan fits in them tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smok-n-Fatty

Reaction score
I have the Scott fan in my Zeals and they definitely work. Put the fan on auto setting and if there's no moisture the fan is off. When they sense any moisture the fan turns on automatically. The only time I hear the fan is when I stop (if the fans on). I use the quick straps so not a big deal to turn off the fan once you've stopped for a break.

Top Bottom