Goggle dryer on the XM

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Actually, the 2012 and the 2013 riders would appreciate this little mod.

Black Friday, I was shopping on the 509 site and sort of thought the Hard Goggle case would fit in the glove box or if not I would put it into my back pack. Well it didn't fit in any of the new storage areas on the XM.

So I mounted it here……..haven't tried it out yet but I will up-date this week.

IMG_1773.jpg IMG_1772.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Max

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have to remove the clutch cover to open the goggle bag/box? I'm guessing the glove box is taken?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Excellent idea it fits back in?

Do you have to remove the clutch cover to open the goggle bag/box? I'm guessing the glove box is taken?

Yes it fits and yes you have to take the CVT out to access the zipper. That's not a big deal tho'. This way they will dry and thaw. In the upper storage box it isn't very warm so I was looking for somewhere else.

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
Finally found a use for the hot Skidoo clutches.... I wonder if wet boots could be stuffed in that side cover as well, LOL!

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Great idea!

The upper storage box doesn't seal very well either, I find it gets snow in it and goggles in there get frosted up even worse than before. Looking at putting some weather tape to seal it up better.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a really cool idea FS. Only suggestion I would throw out there, is maybe drill a hole somewhere in the case. I have found with my under hood bag on my Pro that, even with a couple of holes in it, the moisture tends to stay in the bag, and that case looks a lot less breathable. It does an awesome job of warming them up though so you can remove moisture with a goggle bag. Though I really fog up my goggles. Looking forward to seeing how it works, fantastic idea.

Last edited:

pooch

Reaction score
i think you will fine the cloth on the inside will hold water and keep steem inside and on the goggles. My DC goggle holder is doing this, and just stays moist.
but the location is a good one for heat.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were to put a couple of velcro strips on the case to hold it shut, would you be able to get at the goggles without removing the clutch cover?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fernnie are you cookin garlic shrimp in that new google cooker. or is that just to warm the buns?

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
If you do not mind putting poo parts on your doo. The poo google bag is triangular and fits on the cover real nice. Plus it is mesh, has a heat shield, and can be opened with out removing the cover.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you do not mind putting poo parts on your doo. The poo google bag is triangular and fits on the cover real nice. Plus it is mesh, has a heat shield, and can be opened with out removing the cover.

i put the cat one on mine. same place fernie did. works well.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't need a case

goggle stays there on it's own .. I would maybe add a small bungee strap with some eye bolts, or small holes in the cover to snap he bungee to

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was on the 509 website and cannot find the case. Anyone know any dealers in central alberta that have the cases?
Thanks, in advance.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since my belt cover location has been taken up by my new tool kit I have been experimenting with the right side vent location above the Can. I noticed when stopped for lunch, beverage etc that the hot air literally blows out of this vent. I have temporally added a hook ( 3m removable) to the outside of the panel above the vent which my helmet hangs on. I poke the goggles into the inside head area of the helmet and in 10 minutes or less my goggles are ready just as they were in the morn. On top of that you also have a nice warm helmet to put back on. It is working very good. So now I would like to find some sort of pop up button,latch or hook sort of deal that you push to protrude and hang you helmet on and then push in flush when you ride.

Here are some pics of the temp hook and how the helmet hangs over the vent. P1100198[2].jpg P1100196[1].jpg P1100197[2].jpg P1100199[1].jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
if you turn the hook around the otherway it would be less likely to snag on things as you go by them and pull off.....

but at the same time having something that would "hide" would be even better!

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since my belt cover location has been taken up by my new tool kit I have been experimenting with the right side vent location above the Can. I noticed when stopped for lunch, beverage etc that the hot air literally blows out of this vent. I have temporally added a hook ( 3m removable) to the outside of the panel above the vent which my helmet hangs on. I poke the goggles into the inside head area of the helmet and in 10 minutes or less my goggles are ready just as they were in the morn. On top of that you also have a nice warm helmet to put back on. It is working very good. So now I would like to find some sort of pop up button,latch or hook sort of deal that you push to protrude and hang you helmet on and then push in flush when you ride.

Here are some pics of the temp hook and how the helmet hangs over the vent. View attachment 144708View attachment 144709View attachment 144710View attachment 144711

Nice ideas. What brand of toolbag is that on your belt guard. Looks like a camera case may work as well.

Top Bottom