Go back to the drawing board !!!

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF is this contraption , can it go on land ? can it turn ? i'ma thinking this thing is only go for 1 thing TIGHT LINES AN STRAIGHT SHOOTIN , check out the bow , It weighs in a 775 pounds .... quick math .... 775 lbs.of aluminum + sled @ 600 lbs. + 160 lbs. rider = 1500 lbs. give or take .... there is just no way I could build something like that and call it AWESOME .... we all no what a finely tuned sled will do on the water , with an experienced rider I might add. somebody beat me too it .DAMMIT ANYWAYS !! THERE GO'S MY WINTER PROJECT ..... i'll never get on DRAGONS DEN now..:(:(............ kijji hydra boat -hydrasled

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!ngFH5s2(sKWBSGlwms9ZQ~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!ngFH5s2(sKWBSGlwms9ZQ~~48_20.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 284

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MY BAD ... I just noticed that the track is not even in the water .... so it is a hydra nothing ..... it is a barge .... one would need some big HP to tote this around .... maybe I can get on DRAGONS DEN after all :dunno:

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about something similar for a project this winter , but did not want to be laughed at or suffer the barrage of pessimistic opinions . much like mine above

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a 4 x 8 x 1/4 inch sheet is 112 lbs. x 2 .. this is 14 feet long from stern to bow , the rest is 1/8 , just under 100 lbs. each x 2 ....that is the lightest cat I have ever seen ........... doe's the sled shed have any pics or video

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few mountain areas that I could ride if I had something that could cross water safely. One of them is north of Frenchman peak (cap). by revy.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the shape of the bow it would be interesting to see how it comes out of a river ..... looks like a accident waiting to happen

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Can't see the pic at work but from the 1st 2 lines I thought you were talking about a Yamaha....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't something closer to an inflatable boat design be lighter, faster and better than 700lbs of aluminum? How do you get both the sled and the "boat" near the water at the same time?
I think it may be meant for 2 guys and some moonlit lake rides that don't mind doubling on the trail, the boat and...

Top Bottom