GM to Buy Back some Duramax diesel trucks

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys that bought these trucks and had major issues. Told them should of bought a Tundra. One said if Toyota made a 3/4 or 1 ton they would of bought one

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked 5th wheel hitch prep also was on constraint along with seats, steering wheel etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good. Nice to seem them step up and take poor quality back.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked in a GM dealership When they first came out with diesel cars and pickups. There was always a huge stack of engine cores from those POS.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked in a GM dealership When they first came out with diesel cars and pickups. There was always a huge stack of engine cores from those POS.
Dude, that was 40 years ago. The Olds gasser engine converted to diesel was a pooch. The Dmax has been pretty good overall l would say.

Does anyone know what the actual issue is with some of the L5Ps?

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Props to them for stepping up, how many powertrains from other manufacturers SHOULD have been bought back but they were just limped through the warranty period until it was the owners problem.

Last edited:

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude, that was 40 years ago. The Olds gasser engine converted to diesel was a pooch. The Dmax has been pretty good overall l would say.

I had a L5p thing was a lemon hopefully. Could not even get home without the engine light coming on due to emissions bs. At the time a delete was over 10g so I sold it. Took the money I saved from not doing the delete tossed in another 20g and got a new ford. Last I heard guys can’t even delete them right now due to ecu shortages.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe being JUNK is the actual issue.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great for towing a horse trailer though🤣

Screenshot_20220418-075919_Samsung Internet.jpg

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A "grocery getter" is still better than a truck always in the shop. Can't tow a horse trailer up on a hoist all the time now can we.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Toyota had a recall, and we have several customers that had complete new frames installed under the recall.... there was a huge lawsuit, and Toyota caved and created the recall, because of the weak frames and rotting in the same place

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a L5p thing was a lemon hopefully. Could not even get home without the engine light coming on due to emissions bs. At the time a delete was over 10g so I sold it. Took the money I saved from not doing the delete tossed in another 20g and got a new ford. Last I heard guys can’t even delete them right now due to ecu shortages.

About 3-4 weeks turnaround on the ECM's to get them unlocked. Buddy just did his 21 dmax, been sitting at the dealer since beginning of December waiting on DEF parts. His busy season is coming up so he told em to buy the truck back to pound sand.

Truck runs way better now, and even better fuel mileage.

Top Bottom