GM Fuel Pump

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it's possible to replace the baseplate only on a fuel pump for 07 sierra 5.3 flex? It looks like it can be twisted off.
Fuel pump had been leaking for a while. Took of the box today to check and found the fitting for the pressurized hose to be completely rusted out. Wiggled it a bit and it started really spewing fuel. Had no choice but to break off the fuel line with the connector endpiece still inside.
The pump itself and sending unit work perfectly fine. I just don't want to spend 400 bucks at Lordco if I don't have to...
IMG_20170826_211949.jpg

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the evening today trying trying get the male end out of the QD connector. Got it out, but damaged the female end in the process. Busted the locking-clip ring.
Is it possible to replace it? Can I re-use the yellow o-ring and the clear plastic sleeve?
Would appreciate any help...

IMG_20170828_202704_edit.jpg

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent the evening today trying trying get the male end out of the QD connector. Got it out, but damaged the female end in the process. Busted the locking-clip ring.
Is it possible to replace it? Can I re-use the yellow o-ring and the clear plastic sleeve?
Would appreciate any help...

View attachment 205899
Call lordco and see, but I'm thinking you will have to buy that section of line with different disconnect end

Not sure is dorman products make that stuff anymore

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you wanted to go hillbilly fix you could flare what's left and heat gun the plastic line back over it and clamp it....pressure is only 60 psi....or find a used top somewhere that's a common pump

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up ordering a used pump for 150. Will "rebuild" the female connector using parts from a new connector I got at Lordco.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get the parts from the dealer they are always breaking them or a good autoparts store. Or as you found out you can buy a repair kit that you can just cut the end off and sweat the new pc in..

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truck is running again:) cut up the donor coupling with a pipe cutter to get the two o-rings, spacer, sleeve and retainer clip. O-rings went in easy with a pick. Used the small end of the donor coupling to push in the o-ring spacer. Sleeve and retainer clip went in using the male end. Fuel pump is humming nicely and no leaks that I can see. Used some par15 and rockguard on the exposed metal surfaces to prevent/slow down more rust issues.

Top Bottom