Glass chin and Broken arm...

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about that fight between Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin? I am the guy that has always stuck up for "the Iceman" saying even though he either knocks guys out or gets knocked out himself, he always is a crowd pleaser and sells the seats. But last night... I thought it's time for Chuck to retire.
"The Iceman" looked good and won the round until "the Ace" hit him clear on the chin with only a half punch that knocked Chuck silly. I would hate to see him take a hard punch on the chin dropping like he did from that punch.
And when did Franklin break his hand or arm, is it when he hit Chuck on the head 3 punches before the knockout punch?
At least it was a great card, in which we haven't seen in a long time.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about that fight between Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin? I am the guy that has always stuck up for "the Iceman" saying even though he either knocks guys out or gets knocked out himself, he always is a crowd pleaser and sells the seats. But last night... I thought it's time for Chuck to retire.
"The Iceman" looked good and won the round until "the Ace" hit him clear on the chin with only a half punch that knocked Chuck silly. I would hate to see him take a hard punch on the chin dropping like he did from that punch.
And when did Franklin break his hand or arm, is it when he hit Chuck on the head 3 punches before the knockout punch?
At least it was a great card, in which we haven't seen in a long time.
it was evident when Chuck broke Rich's arm, was an attempted head kick that Franklin blocked. Rich immediately shook his left arm, and even looked down at it once. but he was still punching Chuck with his left after it happened....says a lot for Rich Franklin's dedication and heart. As for Chuck, he should have shut 'er down 2 fights ago....glass chin is an understatement.

how about the Cro Cop fight? that was awesome to see him come back and lay it on Pat Barry, he got rocked pretty good on the second knockdown. all in all, I think it was one of the better PPV's in a while, Vancouver showed a lot of class in not booing fights, and gave Cro Cop a huge pop. they need to come to Edmonton or Calgary.....:cool:

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about the Cro Cop fight? that was awesome to see him come back and lay it on Pat Barry, he got rocked pretty good on the second knockdown. all in all, I think it was one of the better PPV's in a while, Vancouver showed a lot of class in not booing fights, and gave Cro Cop a huge pop. they need to come to Edmonton or Calgary.....:cool:

Pat Barry said that Cro Cop was his idol and that he always had a picture of him in his bedroom when he was growing up. With that being said he gave Him way too much respect. Cro Cop is an animal if you give him the room in which to work. In the first round, Pat knocked him down twice and didn't even make an attempt to take advantage of the situation, stayed close to him and didn't let him use his legs Second round, eased up and gave Cro cop room in which Pat Barry I thought still won both rounds, and then third round pretty much gave him way too much respect and let Cro Cop fight his fight, in which Cro Cop knew he was behind and took advantage of the room and the advantage. Good fight, but Pat Barry shouldn't be proud of his later performance.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pat Barry said that Cro Cop was his idol and that he always had a picture of him in his bedroom when he was growing up. With that being said he gave Him way too much respect. Cro Cop is an animal if you give him the room in which to work. In the first round, Pat knocked him down twice and didn't even make an attempt to take advantage of the situation, stayed close to him and didn't let him use his legs Second round, eased up and gave Cro cop room in which Pat Barry I thought still won both rounds, and then third round pretty much gave him way too much respect and let Cro Cop fight his fight, in which Cro Cop knew he was behind and took advantage of the room and the advantage. Good fight, but Pat Barry shouldn't be proud of his later performance.
I totally agree....he gave Cro Cop way too much respect in that fight. I bet he won't make the same mistake twice. Mirkko didn't waste any time jumping on Barry when he was down....respect has to go out the door when they step into the octagon. GSP made the same mistake in his first fight against Hughes, since then he has schooled Matt Hughes twice. I think Pat Barry has a bright future in the UFC...the kid hits hard!

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree....he gave Cro Cop way too much respect in that fight. I bet he won't make the same mistake twice. Mirkko didn't waste any time jumping on Barry when he was down....respect has to go out the door when they step into the octagon. GSP made the same mistake in his first fight against Hughes, since then he has schooled Matt Hughes twice. I think Pat Barry has a bright future in the UFC...the kid hits hard!

I totally agree with what you said, Pat Barry hits hard and will be an upcoming opponent for the Heavy Weight Division, but once a person steps in the ring, your opponent is like anybody else and just in your way for bigger and better things. Hopefully he'll learn from this as GSP did and use it to his advantage to make sure it never happens again. Knowing that if he would have beaten Cro Cop it would have put him in line as a Top Contender, now I guess he just has to do it the hard way.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definatley time for Chuck to hang up the gloves. 4 out of his last 6 fights he has gotten KO'd. agree with both of your guys' statements above! cheers

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a great show. If ya can ever score tix, go see it in person. 4+ hours and worthevery penny of the $400+ per seat. Chucky's finished, he's had a good run and been very entertaining doin it. Pat Barry broke a hand and foot in the Crocop fight. I think he would have taken Crocop if it was not for the busted limbs. The ringside scenery was outstanding as well! :d:beer::d:beer::d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a great show. If ya can ever score tix, go see it in person. 4+ hours and worthevery penny of the $400+ per seat. Chucky's finished, he's had a good run and been very entertaining doin it. Pat Barry broke a hand and foot in the Crocop fight. I think he would have taken Crocop if it was not for the busted limbs. The ringside scenery was outstanding as well! :d:beer::d:beer::d
my buddy Trent from Red Earth rode down there for the show, made the mistake of going in early around 4pm to find his seat etc....then they wouldn't let him back out....lol. he had to stay in GM place for 5 hours before he could go out for a smoke. he said it was a great show, despite the nic fits.....:d

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down there as well. Was a good card and great atmosphere. Everyone was going nuts for cro cop and he looked alot a happier. On Sunday we ran into Chuck at Granville Island he was in pretty good spirits.

Top Bottom