giobikes

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bought a 250 cc dirt bike from the same auction only problem I had was they were advertising a 2010 and they sent me a 2009

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bought a 250 cc dirt bike from the same auction only problem I had was they were advertising a 2010 and they sent me a 2009

that sucks! did they offer a solution? I am also wondering if one needs replacement parts especially for the engine. Are they readily available?

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would not buy any motorized vehicle from them again. Very cheap and poor quality. There electric scooters are alright though. You get what you pay for. I would spend the money and get a brand name they will last longer.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree you get what you pay for and that they are not top quality but if you are just looking for something cheap.......I never bothered with the issue of the wrong year as I wanted to ride it right away you can get parts from the dealer in Edmonton if that's where you're from they were good to deal with

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother bought a gio for his little guy, what a hunk of sh**. Every time he starts that thing it turns into a repair. Eats ignition modules finally gave up and bought a honda.

PS 1 mint cond. gio quad for sale runs like a champ barely used...............

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run! Run as fast as you have ever run away from something. I work on these pieces of crap regularly, they are disposable junk. If you buy one and anything happens to it the best way to fix it is remove gas cap and roll another one under it and reinstall gas cap. On another note I have found a supplier for parts for these pieces of junk, (pm me and I'll give you the company name).

(Did I mention these things are JUNK?!!!!)

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought my son a gio quad for his first ride as he didnt like the dirtbike scene, needless to say the gio was nothing more then a paper weight, it last a whole 22 km , and im not chittin ya, the chain is like a rubber band, a had to tighten it every 15 feet, untill it ran out of adjustment, then i removed links on 2 seperate occasions. the battery box fell right out of the machine so had to duct tape the battery to the frame, the rear rack broke right off ,and the list goes on and on...........This was its 1 and only ride, brought it back home tightened every single nut and bolt on the tin can, and i really do mean tin can because thats what they are made of, then flipped it on kijjiji and lost 200 bucks . Bought a honda trx 250 for him after that and its been bullet proof, he rides with the adults, keeps up with them, even in the mud, as arff, tex, gforce, and the rest of the guys we ride with can confirm. Simply been an awesome bike to learn on, and it takes a supreme beating and dont even skip a beat. Hope this helps with your decision.:beer:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks for the heads up everyone!! I guess I will take your advice and avoid these quads all together.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with Gio. But in 06 I bought a pocket bike from , I see they carry Gio. Anyways, the pocket bike I bought from them ran fine for me for 3 seasons. The L7 it was. A 40cc 2 stroke, I changed the reeds to something cool they had in store and hooked up the smallest K&N. it picked it up from 61 to 66 kp/h with me on it when I weighed 210. I only had a few nuts a bolts back out on it. Taken care of with some teflon tape to prevent the rattling.

But then I bought the indestructible 01 XR 50 r. besides breaking a chain once and flat tire she's been prime and worth every penny.

Top Bottom