GGB Exhaust... easy peasy weight loss plan

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you the GGB on a Pro is just as loud at WOT as my Bikeman can on my cat, but I think its a great sounding can, great price and great build quality. My can is loud and if anyone has a problem with it they can come tell me in person.......Im not overly personable so be prepared to get told to F*ck off, its not illegal and in certain situations loud is good, as previously said sometimes it helps find people in your group easier

hate to burst your bubble, but altering the exhaust or air intake of any snowmobile bike car or truck is illegal. It's just a law that is not enforced.

TryHonesty

Reaction score
GGB mountain cans are awesome, I have one on my 2012, little louder then stock until WOT then your get symphony when your power valves are open. Its magnificent! My stock can made all my go pro very snoozy in the sound department. It also chops 10 lbs off, a few more RPM in the power range and better throttle response. DO it, just dont DOO it, lol :D

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hate to burst your bubble, but altering the exhaust or air intake of any snowmobile bike car or truck is illegal. It's just a law that is not enforced.

Pipes... I love you man... but nope! I worked at dealerships enough and asked questions to Industry higher ups to know... this is a myth... BUSTED baby! Yup I phoned. A Can... is not modifying the engine integrity, therefore has no impact on warranty .. whatsoever!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had my first day on my sled!!!! holy frickers it was epic... I love my sled... I shall be posting this in that "other" thread... but as for the can sound.. Yup you know it's there.. but in no way was offensive or antagonizing to tympanic membranes..... It sounds bad azz... but more so... My machine ran PERFECT... absolutely perfect, no blips blurbles or stumbling whatsoever. .. SUPER love it.... and the peeps we rode with today said.. man your sled sounds bad azz...
Yup I felt like Xena out there! lol! LOVE the weight I shed, and Love that it ran strong!

Drink

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

SO, every snow bike out there is illegal? They have modded air boxes (intakes). Every turbo sled out there is illegal? They have an exhaust mod one could say. Every diesel truck out there that has aftermarket exhaust and an aftermarket intake is illegal? Gunna be a lot of pissed of mutha fukkas when they find out there snow bikes and turbo sleds are illegal. You sir need to stick your head back in the oil puddles.

my first post in about 3 yrs on this site. I see I haven't missed anything.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pipes... I love you man... but nope! I worked at dealerships enough and asked questions to Industry higher ups to know... this is a myth... BUSTED baby! Yup I phoned. A Can... is not modifying the engine integrity, therefore has no impact on warranty .. whatsoever!

I never said anything about warranty.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO, every snow bike out there is illegal? They have modded air boxes (intakes). Every turbo sled out there is illegal? They have an exhaust mod one could say. Every diesel truck out there that has aftermarket exhaust and an aftermarket intake is illegal? Gunna be a lot of pissed of mutha fukkas when they find out there snow bikes and turbo sleds are illegal. You sir need to stick your head back in the oil puddles.

It's one of those absurd laws. I wish I could remember exactly where I found it so that I can post it up. I'm not saying that I I agree with it, all I was pointing out is that there are laws that govern that sort of thing. There a lot of rude comments I could make based on you S&M handle and your location but I will take the high road and leave that to your imagination. You sir need to keep an open mind.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there many GGB dealers or do you have to buy these units off their website. I think I am gonna try a trail can out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there many GGB dealers or do you have to buy these units off their website. I think I am gonna try a trail can out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not to take away from MOMMA but Chrisco on here is a dealer. I ordered mine strait from GGB and it only took just over a week to get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Been quite a few years since I've been through it but yes on a street legal vehicle the exhaust must be stock appearing ie. no larger than stock. Got a box 2 notice and order from a dick cop for it when I was 18.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say yes they dyno them and HP stays the same, cans are never a power gain, some lose a little HP but I believe GGB maintains stock HP

Aren’t exhausts usually tuned? So if it only drops weight but also could drop horse power is there really a gain? Power to weight stays the same essentially.

wyodirtbagdad

Reaction score
I would say yes they dyno them and HP stays the same, cans are never a power gain, some lose a little HP but I believe GGB maintains stock HP
Would say or know that they do? Anyone an weld a lighter can together in their garage, stuff some packing in it and boast that this thing is greatest look at how much weight it saves, sounds great too but they can and do cuase HP loss which is why I am asking. Muffler is part of an exhaust system and needs to be tuned correctly to keep pressures in the pipe correct.

Steelman

Reaction score

Would say or know that they do? Anyone an weld a lighter can together in their garage, stuff some packing in it and boast that this thing is greatest look at how much weight it saves, sounds great too but they can and do cuase HP loss which is why I am asking. Muffler is part of an exhaust system and needs to be tuned correctly to keep pressures in the pipe correct.

Fuel and clutching mods are not necessary prior to installation. GGB two stroke mufflers are flow benched developed for back pressure against the stock muffler and will perform efficiently in any application where the stock muffler would be used. Both Mountain and Trail models are guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

GGB Exhaust has a performance guarantee. We also are 100% customer satisfaction and have a 2-year warranty.

Top Bottom