GGB Exhaust... easy peasy weight loss plan

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, it was my turn today to have fun in the shop! I worked on my new sled.. 2016 Polaris Axys named Axyl Roze.

I started with a swap out of the can. I did my research, and decided on GGB this year. SUPER easy install!
Holy MAN the stock can is a massive heavy suitcase!

The sound of the GGB is really nice. Like a low grumbly sexy rumble, (this is the mountain can). In no way obnoxious sounding, just sounds aggressive and blurbly.. (yes that is a word I made up).

Here's some pics.
12348204_10153327619112993_2035063084_n.jpg
12351115_10153327607877993_1586677021_n.jpg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that someone in your position would go with such a loud can?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that someone in your position would go with such a loud can?

That's the thing B! It's not loud. My HPS for my pros was a bit louder, same with the MBRP I had. It actually sounds pretty darn sweet!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just moved the can over a bit now there isn't any gap at all. good fit. Thank you Steel Man for the tips!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the thing B! It's not loud. My HPS for my pros was a bit louder, same with the MBRP I had. It actually sounds pretty darn sweet!
If you say so, but I'm skeptical looking at the size of that muffler. Report back once you've ridden it and had it WFO.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Hey There MOMMA....is this can priced similar to the others you mentioned? You know the application I trust..

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what ive heard is that its similar to the jaws can. Stockish untill WOT.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just put a ggb on my summit and it sounds great but not annoying loud, it's a p tek.Ron has the same can on his T3 , at idle it is quiet , wide open his s is screaming loud , he has a lot more miles on his, interesting to see what you think of yours and how loud iris on your poo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey There MOMMA....is this can priced similar to the others you mentioned? You know the application I trust..

Hey buddy! this is a Canadian Made can... therefore the ridiculous exchange rate doesn't effect the price of production for this baby. The Mountain Can MSRP is 269! So lower than the others I think.

Hugs and a high five!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GGB cans, especially the Mountain Can, are very loud. Maybe not to the rider, but I can't think of a word other than obnoxious to describe when someone passes by with one. Just my experience. Reminds me of the skinny NPP cans, or Jaws.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jaws are only loud at WOT. Atleast on doo anyway. no experience with the NPP. Some MBRP and the Carbon Fibre have a deep drone to them at idle and mid. I do like the Jaws though for cruisiing around. Not too loud at all. oud as fawk WOT though. LOL

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a sponsor plug :)?

I would like to get the mountain can for my sled, but have to sneak it past the Mrs. first,.. at least you don't have to ask for permission hahaha

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this a sponsor plug :)?

I would like to get the mountain can for my sled, but have to sneak it past the Mrs. first,.. at least you don't have to ask for permission hahaha

Bahahahaha! ohhhhhh trust me I still have to run it by the husband when I get something. We are buying each other sled stuff for Christmas this year so he's being very generous with what I choose to get for my new sled. We actually decided to be a dealer at our shop too after doing the homework. I was cruising the forums, cruising facebook groups and saw super positive posts about performance. it's nice to see the abundance of real world feed back from riders and have a solid can that runs consistent, priced wicked for the consumer.. and although I married a dude from Wyoming I appreciate the fact they are Canadian Made! woo hooo! Plus the no questions asked 100% guarantee from GGB is another huge factor that tipped us this way.

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
have a GGB can on a 14 XM, very quiet until WOT, then very loud, but sounds good and no codes, I will buy again.

Full Curl

Reaction score
GGB cans, especially the Mountain Can, are very loud. Maybe not to the rider, but I can't think of a word other than obnoxious to describe when someone passes by with one. Just my experience. Reminds me of the skinny NPP cans, or Jaws.

Not specifically aimed at lenny, but I am curious if any of you that call a pipe "obnoxious" or overly loud ride a Harley?

Top Bottom