Getting ready for winter

xxpenneyxx

Reaction score
My first mountain skidoo i ever owned. Grew up riding yamaha ventures. Only got one ride on it last winter cause i bought it in the spring. Loved it. So to get it ready for this winter, im starting to buy up parts.

So far i bought:

Skidoo handelbar air deflectors
Skidoo linQ jerry can
Skidoo linq base kit
Skidoo extreme skidplate
Skidoo rear foot rest kit

Any thing else i should buy? My buddys tell me to buy a can for it, but i heard u get error codes from it and i was looking into getting grip n rip brace. Also thinking about getting a pair of ice scratchers.

Also this is my first post on this forum.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends where u ride and conditions for scratchers, nice to have if needed

The rest is personal preference, I like the link stuff, but If u need to carry anything else then u have no way to mount it ect ( like a jerry can from ur buddy that fell off)
I got these, can configure however u want to mount and strap anything on u need too

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the GGB Trail can from 2kool performance (free shipping), $335 to your door.
Free stuff I would do is take out all foam (put heat tape where needed), pull off warning stickers (hairdryer and gunk remover works well) and make your own set of screens for the openings at the front of the hood (pet screen and heat tape to hold).

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take back the base kit, the jerry can comes with the mounts. The air deflectors will probably break off the first time you roll the sled to get un-stuck. A good can won't throw any codes or lose any power just lose weight. For sure get scratchers and I recommend the GnR braces as well. And as said put some sort of vent over the nose opening or it will fill up with snow under the pipe and freeze into a big block of ice.

XanderKane

Reaction score
Zbros makes their version if a brace similar to the GnR brace and it comes with a skid plate for a fraction of the price. Call the boost it shop they have them for $120 powder coated white or black. I ordered mine and had it the next day. Top notch service. If your gonna buy a can buy the thing cooker, it has a built in double stack muffpot.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zbros makes their version if a brace similar to the GnR brace and it comes with a skid plate for a fraction of the price. Call the boost it shop they have them for $120 powder coated white or black. I ordered mine and had it the next day. Top notch service. If your gonna buy a can buy the thing cooker, it has a built in double stack muffpot.
That looks like a good and cheap setup

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much do you figure it weighs? Should be on the shipping slip.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I emailed Zbros and they said everything comes in at 2lbs. The pictures make this look like it weighs a ton, but surprisingly light... just for reference all 3 G&R braces weigh more than that.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That setup looks awesome if I didn't have the GnR and extreme plate I would slap that on for sure.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're planning on riding in the mountains, and you have your heart set on hand protectors, I would suggest you get the soft ones, like skinz or something like that. I bought a set of skidoo plastic ones, and the were great on the ride up the hill, but the first stuck / roll out, the one snapped off. So it was, like, $80.00 for about 3 hours of riding.
My .02 worth anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xxpenneyxx

Reaction score
Ok so i ordered the skidoo prefilter kit and skidoo brand ice scratchers. I hope i get a good amount of snow this winter in northern and central Alberta XD.

Still have to put the skid plate, prefilter kit and ice scratchers on.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On mine 2013 and 15 I found the bar riser too high for me. I lowered the bars by an inch which I found more comfortable for technical riding. I suggest spending some time learning how to take it apart and back together and put the correct tools in to do that, as well spend time setting your suspension up for yourself. I also put the ultra low windshield on so I don't lose it while rolling the machine to get unstuck. Other than that fill'er up and ride!

Top Bottom