getting a new to me sled?

solcat

Reaction score
Hello all i usually just cruise the forums and the web but i now find myself asking a question haha.
I have the chance to pick up an 08 rmk 600ho 155". Currently ride a 03 rmk 700 144".
My question is being a 600 will i notice a huge difference in power/speed/hp and is there any downfall to going to the 600? My 03 is stock and so is the 08 but i was wondering with it being a newer sled perhaps the 600ho was equal to hp or something that would make me perfer it to my older sled? Haha i hope my question is coming across understood. I guess in simple terms im hoping for the same sled if not improved sled because its newer and has the new body style. The sled would be coming to me for far to good of a deal to turn away unless its a weaker or huge power difference kind of thing. I ride in central/north alberta in farmers fields(all being allowed) and on my lake so a mix of trail and powder fields/open area seeing lots of snow and im 195lbs. any help is appreciated. Thanks.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have pretty close to the same HP to weight ratio. The 600 motors are fairly strong motors and the newer chassis should weigh less. What you will notice is a big difference in riding position it will be like changing from riding a sofa to a dirt bike. Also they made some great improvements in the suspension. I don't think you would be disappointed if you make the switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say you'll like it. Not sure what those 700s were rated for hp but I don't think it's a huge drop to the newer 600. Plus like catman said the ride will make all the difference!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newer chassis will feel a lot lighter than your 03 700 and the 600's are a good engine. You will be happy with the switch I believe. Good luck .

landownunder

Reaction score
I bought the exact same 08 RMK600 155" for the wife and we had it out for the first time today. I was riding an older 06 Arctic Cat F7 I have but did put a few miles on the RMK600 throughout the day. The RMK does handle waaaay different, like mentioned before it feels like a dirtbike compared to sleds a few years older, it is a much more aggressive riding style....she kept saying it felt very 'tippy' because of the very different seating position but she got used to it after a couple hours. I usually ride an M8 and on the groomed trails the RMK did not seem to want to corner as well as my M8, but it was the first ride of the year. We were riding groomed trails/fields with the odd lake today and the RMK600 was a much more comfortable ride than the older F7. Down the trails the power was really nice, but doing a few WOT runs across the lake I could tell the RMK600 was a noticeable amount slower on the top end than the F7. Still had lots of fun riding it though.

Is the one you are looking at carb'ed or EFI? The one I bought still has a carb on it even though the dealer says it should of had EFI??

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the exact same 08 RMK600 155" for the wife and we had it out for the first time today. I was riding an older 06 Arctic Cat F7 I have but did put a few miles on the RMK600 throughout the day. The RMK does handle waaaay different, like mentioned before it feels like a dirtbike compared to sleds a few years older, it is a much more aggressive riding style....she kept saying it felt very 'tippy' because of the very different seating position but she got used to it after a couple hours. I usually ride an M8 and on the groomed trails the RMK did not seem to want to corner as well as my M8, but it was the first ride of the year. We were riding groomed trails/fields with the odd lake today and the RMK600 was a much more comfortable ride than the older F7. Down the trails the power was really nice, but doing a few WOT runs across the lake I could tell the RMK600 was a noticeable amount slower on the top end than the F7. Still had lots of fun riding it though.

Is the one you are looking at carb'ed or EFI? The one I bought still has a carb on it even though the dealer says it should of had EFI??

F7s were some of the fastest sleds of there time on the lake so it's not really surprising it outran a 155" tracked 600.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
IMHO, the only time you will notice or wished you had more power is when the snow is really deep. Otherwise the 600 will be great for the kind of sledding you described. Have a great winter :snow:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard if u pulled the decals off a 600 a un experienced rider could be fooled into thinking its a 800 so they must be pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom