George Mountain SE of Prince George

Laker

Reaction score
Went sledding just south of PG last saturday. No snow at 1000 meters but after that......
213.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

218.jpg

And my favourite
217.jpg

Once at the top Dad sunk up to his chest in snow (around 5 feet) he was at the tops of smallish trees. It was sunny all day for us but PG was extremly cloudy.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow thats wicked!!
i'm new to sledding and living here in PG i thought we would have tones of snow.
been out to baldy and not much there.
looking for places to go.
how far out is Goerge Mountain? would you mind sharing the way in?
looking for some where to go this weekend coming up.

tx again

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am in pg and there is alot of ryding around here but lots of places no one talks about theres the regular ones baldy, george, avril and the torpy. i went somewhere new today and it was awsome i'll post pics in a bit

Laker

Reaction score
We followed someone we knew there but its down the buckhorn where the road splits at the ranch you go right. Not sure how far it is from there but there was alot of nice snow.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and i are new to pg, the wives are originally from here but finding places to ride are tough and ppl don't like to share.
If you guys can share some spots that would be muchly appreciated.

Laker

Reaction score
My buddy and i are new to pg, the wives are originally from here but finding places to ride are tough and ppl don't like to share.
If you guys can share some spots that would be muchly appreciated.

That was my second time in the mountains. I still am a bit fuzzy about how to get there but I am sure if you went to one of the local sledding stores they would point you in the right direction. Baldy Mountain is down highway 97 South. Then you turn left on the stone creek fsr? i think. Good riding there.

finndoo

Reaction score
What kind of riding do you want to do? There are some good logging roads and power lines out by Bear Lake. There is some good mountain riding at the Torpy. If you want to do road trip for some mountain riding you can go to the Barkerville/Wells area, the Pine Pass, or even to Mcbride, all within 2-2.5 hours of home. Lots of places to go you just have to decide what kind of riding you want to do.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of riding do you want to do? There are some good logging roads and power lines out by Bear Lake. There is some good mountain riding at the Torpy. If you want to do road trip for some mountain riding you can go to the Barkerville/Wells area, the Pine Pass, or even to Mcbride, all within 2-2.5 hours of home. Lots of places to go you just have to decide what kind of riding you want to do.

I'm new at sledding but i would prefer powder and hills to practice on.

I heard taht Barkerville isn't that great right now, maybe thinking of going to Powder king this saturday.

Any place close to town to try out?
tx so much

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powder King and area are very icey. Please be careful if you go. This is not an area to go if you are new to snowmobiling and if do PLEASE make sure you have all the proper equipment, Beacon, Shovel , probe just for a start of your list of needs. The pictures above are of Mt Baldy , George mountain is in the same area and has some great hills to play on and learn. If you would like some ideas of area to go around Prince George PM me I will try and give you some ideas. We sled every weekend in the Prince George area and have discovered some hidden jewels!!!!

finndoo

Reaction score
With the warm weather and not much snow recently the conditions get icy in a lot of our areas. You might try the Hungry Creek forest road about 1-1.5 hours east. That area is in a snow belt and I think the logging roads and clear cuts are still good to go for sleds but any kind of elevation that approaches treeline is out of bounds due to closure for cariboo habitat. If any one else knows for sure feel free to correct me if need be. That area gets tons of snow and is a good bet to find some fresh snow around there somewhere, good to practice on the smaller hills in the clear cuts and do a little powder carving.

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have ideas of where to ride 2mrw (saturday)
relatively close to PG (1-1.5hrs away)

Don't know the areas very well so directions would be greatly appreciated

Top Bottom