Generator mounting location help

Ironmanstl

Reaction score
I want to mount a small generator on my 24' v-nose trailer.
I was thinking of mounting it on the side of the V opposite the door in a secure vented encloser, but not sure if it will work

If anyone has any ideas or photos I would appreciate it.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of mounting it on the side of the V opposite the door in a secure vented encloser, but not sure if it will work

Why the genny? curious is all.

Ironmanstl

Reaction score
Nice to have 120 and
I want the ability to run my furnace as long
as I want if I'm not near a receptacle.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to have 120 and
I want the ability to run my furnace as long
as I want if I'm not near a receptacle.

Sounds like a good idea. be nice to have the option of access from inside and outside i would think. i put a couple 6 volts in mine which will help the runtime alot.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My bro mounted a Honda 3000 inside and plumbed the exhaust through the floor. Right up in the v on the opposite side from the ramp door.

Ironmanstl

Reaction score
My bro mounted a Honda 3000 inside and plumbed the exhaust through the floor. Right up in the v on the opposite side from the ramp door.

Sounds like a good idea and more secure than outside in a box
I have the same honda eu3000 I use with my fifth wheel
if you ever have a chance to post a few pics on the exhaust bolt up and floor dump
id like to see them

ty

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea and more secure than outside in a box
I have the same honda eu3000 I use with my fifth wheel
if you ever have a chance to post a few pics on the exhaust bolt up and floor dump
id like to see them

ty

Don't have any pics but he took off the two bolt flanged exhaust and took it to a plumbing store matched the flange and used type L copper pipe and brazed it with a 90 pointing down and approx 16" of pipe so it stuck through the floor 4-5" . Worked great except he had to over fill the oil in it a bit so it wouldnt trip on low oil while driving.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just chain mine in the box of my truck then i dont have to hear it run and doesnt take up any more space in the trailer. probably not a helpful tip but my :twocents:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just chain mine in the box of my truck then i dont have to hear it run and doesnt take up any more space in the trailer. probably not a helpful tip but my :twocents:
Kibbles did this and some tree-huggin plick cut his pull-start cord off during the night...

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, thats bullch!t, guess will need to buy the big yamaha gen set with electric remote start, or run a wire from the 110 outlet (or the 220 if you have a big enough genset) on the genset across the controls and the pull cord so when that tree hugging son of a bitch goes to touch it he get a nice little shot of 110, but then you would probably end up with some more damage than a pull cord. but when he yelps you might hear it and come out and catch him in the act, That could be fun!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, thats bullch!t, guess will need to buy the big yamaha gen set with electric remote start, or run a wire from the 110 outlet (or the 220 if you have a big enough genset) on the genset across the controls and the pull cord so when that tree hugging son of a bitch goes to touch it he get a nice little shot of 110, but then you would probably end up with some more damage than a pull cord. but when he yelps you might hear it and come out and catch him in the act, That could be fun!

the amount of thought you put into this is scary, wanna go sledding? lol

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same sort of thing, build a box attached to the outside of the V. secure from theft but have an access door inside the trailer so you could turn it on/off and not have to hear it so loudly when inside the trailer.
to the drawing board I guess!

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the amount of thought you put into this is scary, wanna go sledding? lol

haha, Yeah for sure. It just aggravates me when I hear of this stuff happening, if the transient hippy ski bum:hippie: has a problem with the genset polluting the air running all night, then come to me and tell me how its ruining the environment then I can tell him that his stench from not showering is producing more harmful gasses than the little genset that burns less than a cup of fuel in 8 hours. As Peter Griffin would say “that really grinds my gears”. And if he says “to have some respect for the environment”, well he should have some respect for other peoples property, but I guess he would not know what it take to get such property because he is a transient hippy ski bum with no job.:peep: Well that’s the rant for today, bring on the whisky!

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you should be looking for a neon light transformer. 50000 volts but not much current he will still be on the ground by the time you put your shoes and coat on no needs to rush. Lol

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like that might be the way to go. I can see the headlines now "Sledder sentenced to life imprisonment for heinous hate crime against fun loving free spirit". :beer:

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like that might be the way to go. I can see the headlines now "Sledder sentenced to life imprisonment for heinous hate crime against fun loving free spirit". :beer:

It won't kill him unless he standing in a puddle maybe?? Farmers used to use them for a high power electric fences. More to keep people out if their property during hunting sesason that to keep livestock in. Funny as hell to watch... tell your buddy to go open that gate then BAMM he is on his ass seeing stars wondering WTF just happened. lol

Top Bottom