Gen 4 headlights

mikermz250

Reaction score
Hey guys, was doing some work with the hood off (grip n rip brace kit) when I installed the hood and buttoned her up I have no headlights... check a few obvious things.. fuse is good plus gauge and Hwarmers working.. all connections under the glove box and gauge are proper and clicked in fully.. just curious if someone else has dealt with this and can steer me in the right direction. Gonna pick up a Test light tonight and see if power is making it to the plug..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would double check the 4 connectors (both headlights, the main one with the headlight pig-tail, and the connector for the gauge package. It is a pretty simple and probably something simple. Shouldn't have to dig too deep.

mikermz250

Reaction score
Yah that's pretty much as far as I got last night as it was getting late. A triple check doesn't hurt either but I have a feeling I'm gonna find no power to the plugs. I might find a lose connection under the headlight switch possibly.. had that issue once on my pro..

mikermz250

Reaction score
Yes I get that the switch panel doesn't get touched to remove the hood... I should mention it did this when I picked it up from dealer and was backing down into the garage. But then I restarted it and they were working fine for multiple starts after.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes I get that the switch panel doesn't get touched to remove the hood... I should mention it did this when I picked it up from dealer and was backing down into the garage. But then I restarted it and they were working fine for multiple starts after.

New information and with that, I'm thinking like you are there is a loose wire somewhere. Good luck.

Top Bottom