gearing.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright so my 04 800 is eating belts like none other, originally i thought it was clutches, cleaned did some reading and it doesn't look like that's my issue. so i decided it must be the extra power, race head dual ring pistons v force reeds, i know it's geared quite high, i want to take it apart and see.

now is that even possible that that's my problem? if it is what gears should i get and would the local doo dealer have them so can still ride next week.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya u need to find out what cha have in there..... 19-45 or 19- 47 is best depending what track u have....

also mabe float the secondary.... talk to duck in here he has them....

could also be your clutch hanging up some where.... and what belt's are ya using...

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya u need to find out what cha have in there..... 19-45 or 19- 47 is best depending what track u have....

also mabe float the secondary.... talk to duck in here he has them....

could also be your clutch hanging up some where.... and what belt's are ya using...

the dayco cheapies right now, the local shops were outta everything else. i think that might be part of the issue. i put a vent on the clutch panel yesterday went for a ride and i could actually put my hand on the clutch after riding so i think that helped.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh venting helps big time.... and cheapy belts suck too.....

if ya haven't floated ur secondary clutch do it.... makes a difference too

CTWilly

Reaction score
The same thing was happening to my sled and I have alot of "power" mods as well. The little adjustable hard rubber round thing (sorry dont know the name of it) that prevents the engine from moving under throttle was loose. After I tightened it I had no more problems. It's located on the clutch side. Good luck.

Dino

Reaction score
The same thing was happening to my sled and I have alot of "power" mods as well. The little adjustable hard rubber round thing (sorry dont know the name of it) that prevents the engine from moving under throttle was loose. After I tightened it I had no more problems. It's located on the clutch side. Good luck.
Torque stop ^^^^^. Venting, along with floating the secondary. A 166 or 377 belt from Doo works well. Cleaning the clutches is very important also. We have three Revs and run 19-45 gearing, I think stock gearing was 20 or 21 - 45??? Dino

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running 19/45 gearing with 8 tooth 3" pitch drivers turning a 162" track. Floated secondary. Also running a 166 belt on it's second season and still looking good.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i just cleaned the clutches, took it to Glen at spindrift in mcbride, the dayco belts i was getting we're just a bit to long, looks like they climb up the primary, jump the edge and grenade. tryin a couple different belts right now. seems to be pullin good so fingers are crossed lol

Top Bottom