gauges and nitrous

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to be doing a boondocker install on a rev probly next week ill post some photos of how we mount the guage on a rev. you want the guage before the solenoid that way you know how much pressure is in the bottle when its open. when the bottle is cold it will be around 600psi. when it is warm it will be 900+ psi. and you know the bottle is getting low when it starts to drop below 600psi.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
technically the boss system cools the engine when you hit the nos button because of therace fuel it is injecting along with the nitrous (race fuel burns cooler), BUT i like to have pyrometer gauges, its just a safeguard. id rather overcompensate then undercompensate, + a pyro (EGT) will also tell you if your heating up for example on the trail, say in case your stock idiot light isnt working. just my 2 cents

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crap, sorry ic you said booncocker, not boss....... i dunno if its a wet system or not, but id suggest a wet setup, boss's new system looks pretty wikid.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boondocker isnt a direct wet system. but it pressurizes the float bowls when on the botton to force extra fuel in. so yes it operates the same as a wet system with the same results

Top Bottom