gates carbon fibre belt

rtk

Reaction score
Hi are there any reports on this new belt and does someone know where to purchase one near Edmonton Gates website doesn't list any retailers thanks

shockman

Reaction score
I would try Lordco, Napa or such, usually these guys can get Gates products as they are major producers of automotive belts.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rapid Revolutions in Edmonton sells them and has some in stock. Depending for which machine they retail for around $135

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what its worth I picked up one of the new belts at our local NAPA, $120. I gave it the proper break in as I do the OEM belt, made sure the clutches were cleaned up and then let 'er rip. I found the belt to perform as good as the OEM, held rpm on some good pulls, good back shifting and very little belt/clutch dust at the end of the day. It is wearing the same as the OEM, sits the same height in the secondary, the only thing I did notice is that the belt is twice as stiff as the OEM. This certainly isn't a long term test as to longevity however, I think it'll make a great spare belt. I don't see much point in paying full OEM price for a spare belt, especially when you have a full year warranty on the belt, may as well rip up the OEM during your riding! Sherm

Top Bottom