gas shocks vs remotes on renegades

bigdaddy

Reaction score
Anyone have an opion on the gas shocks on a renegade ? Friend is looking at a unit as is battling with the shock issue.He realizes the remotes are great but can you get away with the gas ones? His riding style is more flat land & getting stuck ! will they take abuse if needed.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an opion on the gas shocks on a renegade ? Friend is looking at a unit as is battling with the shock issue.He realizes the remotes are great but can you get away with the gas ones? His riding style is more flat land & getting stuck ! will they take abuse if needed.
80% of people that spring (pun not intended) for the clicker remote reservoir shocks will never feel the difference. gas shocks are fine, and a lot cheaper to replace if damaged. the biggest difference is that the remote shocks will not fade as quickly due to the remote reservoir helping to keep things cooler longer. usually the remotes will have more adjustability as well, again, not noticeable unless you are a pro racer or pound the snot outta your suspension. it's all about the "bling" it seems, better resale would be the most important advantage I suppose.

bigdaddy

Reaction score
I appreciate your input.My thread was soley for my friend as he wanted a second opion.The remotes on my renegade are fine as i come from a racing background and understand compresion & rebound for setting up a suspension.
Wish the gas shocks had shrader valve for rebuilding.Guess its up to him.I am curious though as to what the failure rate is on these gas shocks are:hmm:

Top Bottom