Gas Prices

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Memorial Day weekend in the states, always drives up the prices there..... Sure glad my truck was parked with 3/4 of a tank.... mind you it could have been syphoned out by now.

jeffso

Reaction score
$1.45 in winfeild bc good thing my diesel gets good milage but what do you do you still have to drive

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are all our own worst enemy with fuel prices. We listen to the media and panic, drive to the pumps and get as much fuel as possible before the price goes up. That In itself, creates a higher demand for the fuel. The oil companies see this and say "the demand is up...so up the prices". I know we all need fuel but is saving between $5-$10 getting you anywhere. If you save the money today you still spend it tomorrow.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas prices are crazy hopefully it will go down around the 1.00 in the fall for more info on gas prices go to gasbuddy.com it tell all the prices in the country and u.s;)

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a joke about the gas price a guy walks in and asks for 5 dollars worth of gas the clerk farts and takes his money ha ha

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the news this morning they are warning farmers to lock their fuel tanks and put fences around them. It's becoming like gold and people are going to steal it!!!

Ford also announced cuts to their production of trucks and SUV's saying demand is down. Will focus (no pun intended) primarily on fuel efficient cars. People in the US are trying to trade in their large SUV's for smaller vehicles and getting as low as 50% of what the market value should be. North Americans consume the highest percentage of the worlds fuel. Oh, and did anyone notice the god old political posturing in the US when they held another senat committe to put the oil company execs on the hto seat. What a joke. All that does is make the US people THINK their government is trying to take action. US is over 4 Trillion in debt and the republicans want a larger millitary presence in Iraq.....even BIGGER debt. Everytime gas goes up our governments make a pant load of cash off the increase in the tax portion. There is NO WAY they are interested in making anyone lower gas prices.

To some ecomonists this is a good thing as it shows people are finally making the decision to reduce demand. Problem is places like China subsidize the fuel for their people making it cheaper for them burn it.

If any of you have seen the new info coming out about "water powered cars/bikes" it's rather intersting. Using electrolysis to creat hydrogen water in essence, and it can burn real well. Some real government conspiracy theories around that one. Complete economies would collapse if yu caould run your car on water. Apparently in Australia and New Zealand it's becoming a reality and one North American Auto manufacturer has been "in discussions" about it. So the thought is that all these big oil people are trying to line thier pockets as fast as possible and ensure their own economic future. Interesting stuff. Can't see how water could power my truck at -40 though!

It's a no win situation. Food is up between 6% to 14.5%, gas is up, everything is going up......although the news did say some womens clothing has come down.....good if your into that sort of thing. ;)

GRD

Reaction score
Interesting post ZRrrr...

On the news this morning they are warning farmers to lock their fuel tanks and put fences around them. It's becoming like gold and people are going to steal it!!!

Ford also announced cuts to their production of trucks and SUV's saying demand is down. Will focus (no pun intended) primarily on fuel efficient cars. People in the US are trying to trade in their large SUV's for smaller vehicles and getting as low as 50% of what the market value should be. North Americans consume the highest percentage of the worlds fuel. Oh, and did anyone notice the god old political posturing in the US when they held another senat committe to put the oil company execs on the hto seat. What a joke. All that does is make the US people THINK their government is trying to take action. US is over 4 Trillion in debt and the republicans want a larger millitary presence in Iraq.....even BIGGER debt. Everytime gas goes up our governments make a pant load of cash off the increase in the tax portion. There is NO WAY they are interested in making anyone lower gas prices.

To some ecomonists this is a good thing as it shows people are finally making the decision to reduce demand. Problem is places like China subsidize the fuel for their people making it cheaper for them burn it.

If any of you have seen the new info coming out about "water powered cars/bikes" it's rather intersting. Using electrolysis to creat hydrogen water in essence, and it can burn real well. Some real government conspiracy theories around that one. Complete economies would collapse if yu caould run your car on water. Apparently in Australia and New Zealand it's becoming a reality and one North American Auto manufacturer has been "in discussions" about it. So the thought is that all these big oil people are trying to line thier pockets as fast as possible and ensure their own economic future. Interesting stuff. Can't see how water could power my truck at -40 though!

It's a no win situation. Food is up between 6% to 14.5%, gas is up, everything is going up......although the news did say some womens clothing has come down.....good if your into that sort of thing. ;)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there are any Bear listeners, in "My Big Yap with Yukon Jack," he stated that it doesn't matter how high the gas prices are, he still has to buy it anyways, there's no way to get around it, so why b!tch and complain. Waste of breath. Maybe it's just because I don't have to pay for gas yet, but that makes sense to me.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
When the time comes Rucky, you will understand. A trip to Mcbride cost $250 3 years ago and now its $450.00.
If there are any Bear listeners, in "My Big Yap with Yukon Jack," he stated that it doesn't matter how high the gas prices are, he still has to buy it anyways, there's no way to get around it, so why b!tch and complain. Waste of breath. Maybe it's just because I don't have to pay for gas yet, but that makes sense to me.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
the real only way to beat it for sledding trips is to get a semi and follow behind it with a bus or van or something. You could offset the cost of a trip alot if the number of sleds per litre of fuel was right. Anybody here have a tractor trailer unit to pull with then just rent a 13 pass van and go. that would be the cheapest

van isle

Reaction score
the real only way to beat it for sledding trips is to get a semi and follow behind it with a bus or van or something. You could offset the cost of a trip alot if the number of sleds per litre of fuel was right. Anybody here have a tractor trailer unit to pull with then just rent a 13 pass van and go. that would be the cheapest

Even better we can make a two level trailer one for the sleds and one for everyone to travel on and sleep if needed . like a monster 53 ft toy hauler :D

Reaction score
I own a trucking company. My tractor gets 6.5 MPG. That is an interesting idea you have but you also have to factor in the cost of a trailer that can haul the sleds. If you had a dedicated group and maybe developed a membership or something along that line it might fly.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like Rocky Mountain Tours....28-30 mountain sleds per trip

Top Bottom