Gas can question

ChrisS

Reaction score
My name is Chris, I have a 2007 Ski Doo XRS 151, I just redid the motor and went over the machine. It's like brand new again except for the plastics being changed to black. I was wondering if after changing to a boss seat, can i use the new LinQ gas can system with my chassis or is there another route I should think about going? The old gas can doesn't work anymore because part of it was supported by the factory seat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My name is Chris, I have a 2007 Ski Doo XRS 151, I just redid the motor and went over the machine. It's like brand new again except for the plastics being changed to black. I was wondering if after changing to a boss seat, can i use the new LinQ gas can system with my chassis or is there another route I should think about going? The old gas can doesn't work anymore because part of it was supported by the factory seat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

which style do you have? I had the '07 with Boss seat and used the original Doo jerry can.

Attachments

• 20121028_143023-1-1bb.jpg
    20121028_143023-1-1bb.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 178

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Linq can will work. I also had an XRS with the flat back seat / with storage pocket.
If you want to be cheaper, use 1/4" eye bolts and 2 of the self winding ratchet straps with your old jerry can. I ran that for years & worked well.

ChrisS

Reaction score
Tried adding a photo of my sled. But my seat has storage pockets on the back. I think I'll cheap out but I don't what self winding ratchet straps are. Haven't seen them before. Does princess auto or peavy mart sell them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 137

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes - they both do. I'll see if I can dig up a picture of my old '07 and post it here. Mine had pretty much the same seat on it.

Top Bottom